+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bristol Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Well it's an old cliche but for once, Oggy, Oggy, Oggy says it all! Three more points, three more goals, a clean sheet, still at the top and yet again Pocket is spot on with his prediction. Oh, and we finished 'early' for once. As mentioned last week though, the big guns are gathering in the top 6 as the wheat gets sorted out from the chaff.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 18-01-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Great result. Took a while to find the target, but then eventually turned the overwhelming possession into goals. Did well to keep a clean sheet with a makeshift defence too.

I'll just get into character, ahem. OK, here we go.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Rubbish league. Why didn't my boy Lamy start. Warney only plays his boys. The only reason that the Millers won is because Bristol city were so bad. I want us to be tested next week so that the Millers get thrashed. Weekends when the Millers keep winning are boring.Tell it how I see it me.. go to home games. Mean all.

We don't half hunt in packs. It must be horrible playing against us at the minute.

We have a couple of replacements to make strengthening the back and we're away.

Enjoy the good times because there will be plenty of disappointments along the way.

Sing with me!

We are top of the league we are top of the league

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    I'll just get into character, ahem. OK, here we go.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Rubbish league. Why didn't my boy Lamy start. Warney only plays his boys. The only reason that the Millers won is because Bristol city were so bad. I want us to be tested next week so that the Millers get thrashed. Weekends when the Millers keep winning are boring.Tell it how I see it me.. go to home games. Mean all.
    A decent effort but the spelling and grammar is way too good to be convincing

Patience was called for as they parked the bus first half, hoping to knock one over the top to catch us out. The only real threat, albeit Clark-Harris was a yard offside, his finish was poor but the lino didn't flag when he should have. Frustrating firt helf but went in 0-0.

Second half different half. Played it more wide, upped it two gears and simply blew them away. Ogbene's best game all season and two sublime crossed to Vassell and Smith for their goals. That touch of class was what we missed last season and boy is it far better.
    Chio must be worth 5 Million by today's silly transfer market and he took his well deserved goal.

MOTM Ogbene for his two assists and a goal but for me step forward Ben Wiles. He looked like he'd played as a left back all his young career. Fast, great challenges, steady head when playing the ball out and the amount of times he carried the ball forward was great to see. Well done Ben!

Smith - great to see the big lad score another goal with aplomb..

Vassell - Way to go Kyle, looks like a terrier on speed of late. Is this what's really in his locker? Where as it been all this time?
    More of the same please going forward. Took the goal being brave going in where sometimes you can get hurt from those attempts. Great laugh when Crooks attempted a spectacular overhead kick and didn't score. Vass laughed at him and told him only I do those thank you, they both had a great laugh over it.

The rest of the team - Nothing but praise of the way they work as a unit and hunt players down in packs which nullifies the attack and we go forward from this. We didn't see none of this last season so whoever thought of bringing this into our game wants praising.

Posh next week and Ipswich the following Tuesday night......bring em on!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Posh next week and Ipswich the following Tuesday night......bring em on!
    Also Posh playing Wycombe THIS Tuesday night (21/01/20). Wycombe scored two late goals to win today after being behind for a long spell.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-01-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Pocket must have a big head by now

I wasn’t expecting that before KO and same at half time but we came out 2nd half and boom Vassell was there to start the ball rolling.
    Very happy to see Ogbene score he deserves it and Motm from sponsors, also gets mine.

How mardy were some of their players though

Still number 1 on goal difference

UTMM
    Last edited by millertop; 18-01-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Pocket must have a big head by now

I wasn’t expecting that before KO and same at half time but we came out 2nd half and boom Vassell was there to start the ball rolling.
    Very happy to see Ogbene score he deserves it and Motm from sponsors, also gets mine.

How mardy were some of their players though

Still number 1 on goal difference

UTMM
    Forgot to add Adelakun had a better game, hopefully more game time he gets the better

Veri troo Mazbro

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast