+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst case scenario - Next year

The post game interview was anything bu encouraging. “We are not feeling the pressure”. Not exactly the talk of someone looking to adress a problem. We are where we are at because of MB but might also be why we don’t go up as well

I think MB got asked wether we felt any pressure spaldy. I believe him, if anything it seems the team is frustrated and we all have a good idea why. In the meantime if we cannot score then we should at least be playing not to lose, I understand not our style, but we have to fix this. These next three games will tilt our season one way or another imo.

I'm stressing but I don't think ive quite resigned to us not going up though I'd be lying if I said was optimistic right now.

If we didn't go up the reality is Bielsa goes, Phillips goes, Harrison goes, White goes, Casilla goes. The fee for Costa will take up a lot of any transfer budget we'd have and we'd be left with a threadbare squad full of injury prone players. Radrizzani will sell so that is a season of uncertainty.

Our form currently is terrible, defensively we look constantly open wide and any player who runs direct seems to just waltz through our team.

Attacking wise I don't honestly think we look good, there is no creativity and for some unknown reasons we spend all our time trying to cross the ball when this is the worst Leeds team ive seen in terms of winning headers and scoring.

Bamford since Nketiah left looks like a striker who knows he has no competition.

Klich looks anonymous these days, he doesnt really create enough and doesnt do enough defensively.

Our pressing game is too easily by passed.

Phillips missing 3 games is a massive blow.

We are depending on injured players suddenly being available and straight

The reason people are so anxious right now is because if it doesnt happen this year, I honestly don't see when it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I'm stressing but I don't think ive quite resigned to us not going up though I'd be lying if I said was optimistic right now.

If we didn't go up the reality is Bielsa goes, Phillips goes, Harrison goes, White goes, Casilla goes. The fee for Costa will take up a lot of any transfer budget we'd have and we'd be left with a threadbare squad full of injury prone players. Radrizzani will sell so that is a season of uncertainty.

Our form currently is terrible, defensively we look constantly open wide and any player who runs direct seems to just waltz through our team.

Attacking wise I don't honestly think we look good, there is no creativity and for some unknown reasons we spend all our time trying to cross the ball when this is the worst Leeds team ive seen in terms of winning headers and scoring.

Bamford since Nketiah left looks like a striker who knows he has no competition.

Klich looks anonymous these days, he doesnt really create enough and doesnt do enough defensively.

Our pressing game is too easily by passed.

Phillips missing 3 games is a massive blow.

We are depending on injured players suddenly being available and straight

The reason people are so anxious right now is because if it doesnt happen this year, I honestly don't see when it will happen.
    Agree Joel. And exactly why I would class it as our biggest derailment. If we couldnt make it this season, I don't think it will happen whilst I am alive.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    I think MB got asked wether we felt any pressure spaldy. I believe him, if anything it seems the team is frustrated and we all have a good idea why. In the meantime if we cannot score then we should at least be playing not to lose, I understand not our style, but we have to fix this. These next three games will tilt our season one way or another imo.
    The team is definitely frustrated - players are irritated by other players.

Watch Phillips reaction to Casilla's error for the goal against Sheffield Wednesday - it's clear what he's thinking. Probably the stories about the tunnel fracas are true when you see that.

And look at Ayling's reaction when Barndoor misses the chance in the first half yesterday.

I don't think they're frustrated in the way the question was asked - ie about the team overall. But it's pretty clear that individual inadequacies are playing a part in their mindsets.

Strange thing, football. We play it in the streets as kids, some of us show something, we go on and play in pub teams, maybe in the lower leagues, and even rarer are those who step out on hallowed turf, the grounds where the teams they followed as kids have played, hearing the voices of thousands, tens of thousands, all with a single voice of support for their team.

Those of us less fortunate go through the turnstiles each Saturday, hearts beating that little faster as 3.00pm approaches, and experiencing the highs and lows as we follow the club that has been the beating heart of our footballersng life, no matter how high or how low the place we occupy in the great ladder of footballing heirarchy. We deserve to be there, wherever "there" may be.

Makes you wonder in today's game, if those who buy and sell what was once priceless have even the most fleeting awareness of what has driven supporters to devote decades to the benefit of THEIR club? If any of the owners felt for their club, their possession, as the tens or hundreds of thousands of supporters of their club felt, would they accept anything but the best, the ultimate status for their prized possession? I think not.

WE DESERVE TO BE AT OLD TRAFFORD, STAMFORD BRIDGE, ANFIELD, THE ETIHAD, THE EMIRATES, AND EVERY OTHER PREMIERSHIP GROUND IN THE COUNTRY!

Why?

BECAUSE WE ARE LEEDS UNITED AND JUST ONCE WE DESERVE OWNERS WHO DESERVE US!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Strange thing, football. We play it in the streets as kids, some of us show something, we go on and play in pub teams, maybe in the lower leagues, and even rarer are those who step out on hallowed turf, the grounds where the teams they followed as kids have played, hearing the voices of thousands, tens of thousands, all with a single voice of support for their team.

Those of us less fortunate go through the turnstiles each Saturday, hearts beating that little faster as 3.00pm approaches, and experiencing the highs and lows as we follow the club that has been the beating heart of our footballersng life, no matter how high or how low the place we occupy in the great ladder of footballing heirarchy. We deserve to be there, wherever "there" may be.

Makes you wonder in today's game, if those who buy and sell what was once priceless have even the most fleeting awareness of what has driven supporters to devote decades to the benefit of THEIR club? If any of the owners felt for their club, their possession, as the tens or hundreds of thousands of supporters of their club felt, would they accept anything but the best, the ultimate status for their prized possession? I think not.

WE DESERVE TO BE AT OLD TRAFFORD, STAMFORD BRIDGE, ANFIELD, THE ETIHAD, THE EMIRATES, AND EVERY OTHER PREMIERSHIP GROUND IN THE COUNTRY!

Why?

BECAUSE WE ARE LEEDS UNITED AND JUST ONCE WE DESERVE OWNERS WHO DESERVE US!

Amen to that brother... Hallelujha!

Hear hear

That was a rousing post, like Winston Churchill "we shall fight them on the beaches" speech.....MOT.

WTF11 for President!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)