+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst case scenario - Next year

I prefer that speech to

"we have peace in our time".

we all know the outcome to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I'm stressing but I don't think ive quite resigned to us not going up though I'd be lying if I said was optimistic right now.

If we didn't go up the reality is Bielsa goes, Phillips goes, Harrison goes, White goes, Casilla goes. The fee for Costa will take up a lot of any transfer budget we'd have and we'd be left with a threadbare squad full of injury prone players. Radrizzani will sell so that is a season of uncertainty.

Our form currently is terrible, defensively we look constantly open wide and any player who runs direct seems to just waltz through our team.

Attacking wise I don't honestly think we look good, there is no creativity and for some unknown reasons we spend all our time trying to cross the ball when this is the worst Leeds team ive seen in terms of winning headers and scoring.

Bamford since Nketiah left looks like a striker who knows he has no competition.

Klich looks anonymous these days, he doesnt really create enough and doesnt do enough defensively.

Our pressing game is too easily by passed.

Phillips missing 3 games is a massive blow.

We are depending on injured players suddenly being available and straight

The reason people are so anxious right now is because if it doesnt happen this year, I honestly don't see when it will happen.
    Agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    WTF11 for President!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence😏.

Unfortunately we have a clown like this in charge of recruitment;

https://www.footballtransfertavern.c...ll-circulates/

Guess the answer to the question I posed about the passion if our owner and his hangers-on is "No"😡

The Amazon documentary seemed to show a hierarchy and backroom staff that actually cared; but now I'm not so sure.

I am genuinely concerned that if we don't go up this year we may never do.

Whilst it's possibly unfair to blame any one individual, it has been blindingly obvious for almost 2 seasons that if we were relying on Bamford's goals to get us over the line then we are almost certainly destined to be disappointed.

Not sure i have ever seen a more negative thread than this, all attack me how you see fit, we are the best Leeds team since god knows when and it will come good again, we all know that something is amiss With our end product, but we are playing more than well enough to win games. Trying to tell MB how to do his job is beyond belief, 2 years ago and many years before it it was unbearable being a Leeds supporter but now i am proud, i understand the frustration thinking we will feck it up again based on the last 9 matches but what about the previous ones since the season started, just support the fecking team ffs. MOT

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Not sure i have ever seen a more negative thread than this, all attack me how you see fit, we are the best Leeds team since god knows when and it will come good again, we all know that something is amiss With our end product, but we are playing more than well enough to win games. Trying to tell MB how to do his job is beyond belief, 2 years ago and many years before it it was unbearable being a Leeds supporter but now i am proud, i understand the frustration thinking we will feck it up again based on the last 9 matches but what about the previous ones since the season started, just support the fecking team ffs. MOT
    I suspect most will agree with you that we are playing more then well enough to win games, but with one caveat or addition, that is "until we get within striking distance of the opposition goal". We have clearly NOT been playing well enough to win games over the last 9 matches, and had others not taken points of each other we could well be in the playoffs or below by now.

And "telling MB how to do his job"?? Where is the evidence? We suggest that the club should have more attacking options (and some suggestions that we blood the youngsters, more through desperation and complete lack of evidence that we take the need to recruit more strike capability seriously), than any explicit criticism of Bielsa himself.

You think we are not supporting the team? Why? It is incontrovertible that Bamford is NOT the clinical striker we need, despite the impressive work rate and commitment which I for one will stand by no matter what. Some players are frustrated with each other, that is also self-evident from the exchanges on and off the pitch, and that springs from their commitment and passion for the club, but passion and commitment alone will not solve the problem we have, only investment in strike capability that has teeth like a f00king great white will.

And so we won a bunch of matches at the front end of the season, so what? will that be sufficient comfort if we continue to pi55 the season away as we have over the last 6 weeks? "We were nearly there" AGAIN!

As for going back some, and the pain we suffered when the dark years followed relegation, I was there then, in person, and my fear is that if we fall at this hurdle, we face the prospect of losing so many good players, and the need to rebuild with next to no budget and dependent upon what we can salvage from the youth sides, that we will return to playing at Yeovil, Tranmere, S****horpe and the likes, all for the want of a nail (look it up if you have to).

Apparently, we are unable to suggest meeting Sc0nthorpe, as Footymad thinks that its a cnut of a place, then again.......
    Last edited by WTF11; 20-01-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I suspect most will agree with you that we are playing more then well enough to win games, but with one caveat or addition, that is "until we get within striking distance of the opposition goal". We have clearly NOT been playing well enough to win games over the last 9 matches, and had others not taken points of each other we could well be in the playoffs or below by now.

And "telling MB how to do his job"?? Where is the evidence? We suggest that the club should have more attacking options (and some suggestions that we blood the youngsters, more through desperation and complete lack of evidence that we take the need to recruit more strike capability seriously), than any explicit criticism of Bielsa himself.

You think we are not supporting the team? Why? It is incontrovertible that Bamford is NOT the clinical striker we need, despite the impressive work rate and commitment which I for one will stand by no matter what. Some players are frustrated with each other, that is also self-evident from the exchanges on and off the pitch, and that springs from their commitment and passion for the club, but passion and commitment alone will not solve the problem we have, only investment in strike capability that has teeth like a f00king great white will.

And so we won a bunch of matches at the front end of the season, so what? will that be sufficient comfort if we continue to pi55 the season away as we have over the last 6 weeks? "We were nearly there" AGAIN!

As for going back some, and the pain we suffered when the dark years followed relegation, I was there then, in person, and my fear is that if we fall at this hurdle, we face the prospect of losing so many good players, and the need to rebuild with next to no budget and dependent upon what we can salvage from the youth sides, that we will return to playing at Yeovil, Tranmere, S****horpe and the likes, all for the want of a nail (look it up if you have to).

Apparently, we are unable to suggest meeting Sc0nthorpe, as Footymad thinks that its a cnut of a place, then again.......

We have collectively played well enough to win a lot of those games but with the players we have on the pitch don’t score enough.

That has been the position for months so should not be beyond the wit of the coaching staff or board to solve.

They could sign someone reliable, try someone else in the squad up front but to keep doing the same thing is unlikely to change that one missing element of the team.

radz wants the prem - how badly.

MB is a world class coach - prove it

The players need to get more of a grip and refuse to not win - do it

Sadly can’t control the poor levels of officiating

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

If you come on here at the END of the 46 game season you will have an argument,debate, until then like i say support the team, support the manager and stop drivelling s h i t e, these are your opinions, you have transformed yourself on here the messiah, well done to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    How hard is it to understand that teams have worked his methods out and he doesn't know how to change a thing. Let us have all the possession in the world as they know we won't score and hit us on the break and all it will take is one goal.
    Players are going one hundred miles an hour surely they get tired and once they do they get hit.
    Last season was identical as we started well were going ok then we got a run of 7 bad games which cost us auto-promotion and now we see a nine-game bad streak and your saying we shouldn't be worried?
    A manager that goes into games with one plan is not a manager at all.

I think you'll find that many of the posters on this thread signed up and have supported Leeds long before the current glory days. I think you'll also find that none of us want to return to the days of not having MB as our coach. Finally, I think you'll have a hard time finding a whole lot of negative posts from me... included the dark days of Bates, The poor Arab ownership, The Rosler, Darko and Hockaday fiascos.

However, the stakes are different this time around. we are a couple of players away from going up and if we don't go up we lose the coach and most of the team. Barring some rich owner buying us and splashing cash we may be in the championship for years to come. It's the hardest league in the world to get promoted out of.

So yes, the tone is negative. Even the rest of the team feel appears to feel that way and not just the fans.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)