+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst case scenario - Next year

Worst case scenario - Next year

Resigning myself to another year in the championship. Too late in the transfer window to put something together that really would be a game changer. Hard to win when you don't score. Started looking at what next years squad looks like. Assuming no new owner splashing big cash what's the likelihood we keep some key players? Almost as important is can we dump some big salaries like Bamford, Cassila and Costa.

Is the any bright side? we lose MB, White, Harrison, Phillips, Douglas and Alioskli. Do we keep Klich, Ayling, Hernandaz and Douglas or do they leave?. Do we have the young French keep locked up or does he leave? Are the U-23's ready to step us en masse and fill the roster?

Do we promote Carlos or de end up with some retread like Big Sam, Bruce or some other has been.

The second half tank of Christensen was brutal but this years tank will likely affect the team much worse since we were so close but collapsed and lost much of the team. Some will likely end up in the division playing against us.

Its too early for this kind of depression..can we at least wait for this seasons f*ck up before we start next seasons?

Sorry xx

Ridiculous post, 4 pts clear of 3rd still and not exactly playing poor.. we all know what we need to happen regarding hitting the back of the net so no need to go there again..

Next 2 games are *****, Millwall at home, Wigan at home, before we go to forest, no game looks winnable for us anymore, but realistically we should win both home games and get a draw at forest, hoping everyone else keeps taking points of each other.

Not really.

You think anything's going to be done about the striker position? If not, then it's more of the same.

Most teams in the championship can score a goal or two against the run of play. Only going to be easier with no cover for our center defense/mid and a keep that freaks every time the games on the line. we have one of the worst records in the league the last 10 games and we've not really played poorly.

Our position in the standings is more a result of other teams choking. One of these teams will get hot and put a run together and win auto with WBA.

You think a team that's folded and momentum going the wrong way is going to win in the playoffs?

I'm normally a glass half full guy but this one's a broken record and not hard to predict.
    Last edited by spaldy; 18-01-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Not really.

You think anything's going to be done about the striker position? If not, then it's more of the same.

Most teams in the championship can score a goal or two against the run of play. Only going to be easier with no cover for our center defense/mid and a keep that freaks every time the games on the line. we have one of the worst records in the league the last 10 games and we've not really played poorly.

Our position in the standings is more a result of other teams choking. One of these teams will get hot and put a run together and win auto with WBA.

You think a team that's folded and momentum going the wrong way is going to win in the playoffs?

I'm normally a glass half full guy but this one's a broken record and not hard to predict.
    I’m sorry to say this but I have to agree.
    It’s still January and I’ve already lost hope in going up which seemed nailed on, a month ago.
    We are a spent force and something has to change. But I probably daren’t say who.....Yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I’m sorry to say this but I have to agree.
    It’s still January and I’ve already lost hope in going up which seemed nailed on, a month ago.
    We are a spent force and something has to change. But I probably daren’t say who.....Yet!
    And do you think it would be US that turns hot and goes up, too much negativity, we all feel the pain of what is happening but we are playing well in nearly every game enough to win games, Weds beat us then lose heavily at home today, it is simple, we take our chances and we win if not the opposition will nick something, on any given day anyone can beat anyone in this league.

It is all mental strength now, not how we are playing, just incase you have forgot we are still in the driving seat.

Still in the driving seat Pete but the wheels are flying off!

We are paying the price for piss poor recruitment in certain area's pre-season.
    Last edited by Rev72; 18-01-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    And do you think it would be US that turns hot and goes up, too much negativity, we all feel the pain of what is happening but we are playing well in nearly every game enough to win games, Weds beat us then lose heavily at home today, it is simple, we take our chances and we win if not the opposition will nick something, on any given day anyone can beat anyone in this league.

It is all mental strength now, not how we are playing, just incase you have forgot we are still in the driving seat.
    "We take our chances and we win". Spot on.....but......

We don't take our chances, we don't exploit the massive majority of possession we get EVERY F00KING MATCH!!!!!, we didnt replace those we stupidly sold with anything remotely approaching similar, we have NO THRET from the air or at the sharp end if what can only laughingly be described as our "attack", and for what must be the millionth time of saying, if we can see it, SURELY THOSE WHO RUN THE CLUB MUST SEE IT!!!!!!!

We are less than a fortnight from the end of the window, we have pi55ed the first half of it away (whilst signing a keeper for our U23s!) whilst others have made judicious but important investments, we haven't won in the last 9 games and we have managed to lose more than half the advantage we had over third AT CHRISTMAS FFS!

Just what is there in that little lot to be positive about??

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post

Haven’t forgotten anything Pete.
    Haven’t even forgotten last season because the last 6/7 games has brought it all back to me and I don’t see anything happening to make this season any different.
    We take our chances, ok fine, but we’re not, yet we just persistently hope that we do. That’s it, just hope.
    Yes we are still in the driving seat, but we used to be 8 pts clear. Now we are looking over our shoulder from the driving seat.
    Sorry, but we just cant ignore the fact that we just not very good at the minute, for whatever reason?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)