+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst case scenario - Next year

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Next 2 games are *****, Millwall at home, Wigan at home, before we go to forest, no game looks winnable for us anymore, but realistically we should win both home games and get a draw at forest, hoping everyone else keeps taking points of each other.
    Don't think Millwall or Wigan will fear coming to Elland Road..and Forest will fancy it..and by the time we face Forest we could be out the top 2!

It all looked so Rosey till Cardiff.

Pete, as it stands it is frustration and disappointment creating a reason to be negative.

Frustration because we all saw and can see that we needed another forward last season even more so this season.

Disappointment because the club dont appear to be adequately addressing it, at this time. Though that could change.

The football might be great to watch yet it's a results based industry. The results we are achieving lately suggest the second part of the season is going to be more difficult than it should be.

I understand the club being prudent when looking to bring in other players, but why oh why is Edmondson or Struick not getting a few minutes?

History repeating itself and honestly concerned the club has not learned its lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Pete, as it stands it is frustration and disappointment creating a reason to be negative.

Frustration because we all saw and can see that we needed another forward last season even more so this season.

Disappointment because the club dont appear to be adequately addressing it, at this time. Though that could change.

The football might be great to watch yet it's a results based industry. The results we are achieving lately suggest the second part of the season is going to be more difficult than it should be.

I understand the club being prudent when looking to bring in other players, but why oh why is Edmondson or Struick not getting a few minutes?

History repeating itself and honestly concerned the club has not learned its lesson.
    Amen

Amen X 2, everyone on here talks the sense our board doesn't seem to.....or want to.

As the op said and i'm in the same boat. Players look cooked, we cant score and defend poorly. Today Allioski was the only one too look like comming close to scoring. Phillips another berardi don't even know how people rave on about him as slow as a cow.
    Bamford i have defended for ages but i now see what others have been seen and it isn't good.
    1 WIN and a lucky one at that to a struggling team in 8 games how is that not a slide?
    We will be lucky to even make the playoffs late alone go up.
    All falling to poo cause of a stuborn manager and a weak as p----- board.
    Talk of another takeover and we are back to square one.

The thing about all this is that if we were supporting another club we wouldn't have all the years of reasons to be negative Pete.

It's our past experiences, going right back through to the Revie era of late disasters (and obviously many great highs, but far from the number that could have happened), the O Leary years of self-imposed collapses and then the obvious more recent stuff in the last few years.

So people are going to see the negatives in a situation - partly we are preparing for the worse, because we have to and because it's better if we do that - last year i didn't want to believe we were going to get in the play-off final when we were 2-0 up against Derby with 46 minutes to play at home, but i allowed myself to - and look what happened there.

I admire your and others ability to still be positive when the evidence is pointing to another collapse, but i think most of us can't get there because we've been done so many times before.

If this time is different, and the mental strength comes back, and we get a striker who scores etc i will be dancing in the streets mate, trust me lol. But only when it's mathematically impossible not to dance.

You have jez, in a few sentences wrapped up my complete feelings, hope and dreams, and probably most of the posters on here, as well as 360000 that turn up at Roland road every other week, and millions round the globe, please leeds, if not for yourselves do it for all of us, just once give us the chance to get hammered and feel happy this season.

With all of us screaming out for a goal poacher to get us the results we should be getting, has anyone out there actually heard basic words come from Bielsa that he definitely is on the look for one? Hate to think we keep our hopes up and throwing out possibilities...when really he has no intention of doing so. Has he even answered the question?....or has it even be put to him in the media as yet? Just to put my mind at ease.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    With all of us screaming out for a goal poacher to get us the results we should be getting, has anyone out there actually heard basic words come from Bielsa that he definitely is on the look for one? Hate to think we keep our hopes up and throwing out possibilities...when really he has no intention of doing so. Has he even answered the question?....or has it even be put to him in the media as yet? Just to put my mind at ease.....
    I’ve asked this too. Don’t know if the club is actually actively looking at anyone.
    I think it is just, once again, hopeful speculation on the long suffering fans behalf.

Getting a striker in is one thing, starting him is another. After all this time MB still sticks with Bamford.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)