+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle

Newcastle

Great win lads especially as I backed you at 9/2 👍

They left it very late, Test!

Burnleys win was better.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Burnleys win was better.
    Amazing performance, Alf - especially after going one-down.
    The experience of having been there for a while makes a big difference when the crunch comes.
    Also, the only predictable thing in football at the moment is that Liverpool will win!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Amazing performance, Alf - especially after going one-down.
    The experience of having been there for a while makes a big difference when the crunch comes.
    Also, the only predictable thing in football at the moment is that Liverpool will win!
    The only other certainty ....Leeds will start falling apart around now.
    Oh I do enjoy living over here. You learn to keep quiet early in the season when they all start genuinely believing this is their year. About now and things start getting bad.
    Personally, I think Leeds will miss out again. There are better sides than them around.
    I actually think they are no better than us. I don't really think there is much difference between top and bottom.

I tend to agree, Champs.
    My cousin is very one-eyed about Bristol City, but he admits that Barnsley outplayed them for large parts of Saturday's game, and that the late winner wasn't really deserved.
    As I write this, Stoke are leading at West Brom - although I wouldn't expect that to last.

I tend to agree, Champs.
    My cousin is very one-eyed about Bristol City, but he admits that Barnsley outplayed them for large parts of Saturday's game, and that the late winner wasn't really deserved.
    As I write this, Stoke are leading at West Brom - although I wouldn't expect that to last.
    It finished like that!
    The top two have now picked up only eight points of the last 30 available to them, jointly.
    Either they're coming back to the pack, or they're having their bad runs at the right time.

Is it too late for us to win the league 😉

It finished like that!
    The top two have now picked up only eight points of the last 30 available to them, jointly.
    Either they're coming back to the pack, or they're having their bad runs at the right time.
    West Brom looked poor last night I thought, as poor as Leeds!!
    If I had a wish, it would be to play Leeds next.
    I know it's not always as simple as this, but I just feel we would batter them.
    They are dreading playing games at the moment, everything is going against them, they look poor. And have a pretty average striker in Bamford. And that's all they have. We have been there, but you just have this feeling at the moment we are looking a much better side over-all.
    It's such a hard long slog of a season this, where literally everyone is beating everyone. Things can change in a matter of weeks.

The teams on the good runs at the moment are Forest and Millwall.
    The best time to start such a run is about mid-March. If you begin that from a mid-table position, it can carry you all the way to the top six, as it did with Villa last season.
    It's weird how it goes, though. For example, it looks as if Preston have regained form once more, after going through a shaky patch.
    With so many even teams, it becomes a matter of confidence,more than anything else, and that, in turn, can be partially dependent on luck.
    The last time we set off on a decent run was after a very fortunate defeat of Barnsley!
    Let's hope Saturday's excellent performance wasn't a one-off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)