+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Films

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, watching it now actually....
    What did you think?

Mississippi burnings a great film.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    What did you think?
    Sorry CAM it was just another story about Midway for me. Maybe the attention focused more on the characters for a change but apart from a few more special effects it was pretty bland so a 5/10.

I have just completed watching ‘Richard Jewell’ and it was acted very well by all the cast and I should mention an excellent production by Clint Eastwood.

Just goes to show how one over zealous reporter can wreck your life by running lies about you and the FBI attachment was very intimidating. They want a body at any cost. Excellent film and well worth watching, a sure 9/10.

Sorry CAM it was just another story about Midway for me. Maybe the attention focused more on the characters for a change but apart from a few more special effects it was pretty bland so a 5/10.

I have just completed watching ‘Richard Jewell’ and it was acted very well by all the cast and I should mention an excellent production by Clint Eastwood.

Just goes to show how one over zealous reporter can wreck your life by running lies about you and the FBI attachment was very intimidating. They want a body at any cost. Excellent film and well worth watching, a sure 9/10.
    Thanks Brin. Haven't seen it myself but have always been interested in Midway (both the WWII battle and the environmental disaster that's happening there today) and thought we could do with a review on here. I'll give it a miss. As for Richard Jewell I'm surprised a moon landing denier like yourself has been conned into believing he was innocent with a bit of cinematography
    Last edited by CAMiller; 22-01-2020 at 05:42 AM.

Angels with dirty faces.....absolute classic with Cagney at his best.
    Maltese Falcon on TCM tonight (22-1)

The Help
    great film & quite funny

Gone with the Wind
    great film but without wishing to spoil it for everyone .........Rhett Butler did it

***y Beast. Never tire of watching it

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Gone with the Wind
    great film but without wishing to spoil it for everyone .........Rhett Butler did it
    Excellent film and one I'm not afraid to say I've seen more than once. Must have taken an absolute age to film. This in itself lasts almost 4 hours that is often shown over two days if ever played on TV.

Latest film watched, Rambo Last Blood. Talk about 'blood and guts'....there's plenty on show in this one, especially in the fight out at the end. Probably the best one out of the Trilogy of JJ Rambo. A touching storyline as his Niece is kidnapped and forced into prostitution but sadly dies after he rescues her....cue a very angry John J Rambo. 7/10.

Excellent film and one I'm not afraid to say I've seen more than once. Must have taken an absolute age to film. This in itself lasts almost 4 hours that is often shown over two days if ever played on TV.

Latest film watched, Rambo Last Blood. Talk about 'blood and guts'....there's plenty on show in this one, especially in the fight out at the end. Probably the best one out of the Trilogy of JJ Rambo. A touching storyline as his Niece is kidnapped and forced into prostitution but sadly dies after he rescues her....cue a very angry John J Rambo. 7/10.
    There’s 5 films in the Rambo trilogy.

The first one is still easily the best one.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast