+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - Films

I watched Bad Times At El Royale this week.
    Highly recommend.

being an oldie I prefer 40s and 50s films but one of the recent ones I saw and enjoyed was Bridge Of Spies

Going to see 1917 tonight. Really looking forward to it. It has the appearance of being shot in one continuous take.

Secrets of cinema magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Going to see 1917 tonight. Really looking forward to it. It has the appearance of being shot in one continuous take.

Secrets of cinema magic.
    Would like to hear your review scum. Really enjoy your posts about films.

I have got an opinion about 1917 but I don't want to influence your viewpoint.

I watched Escape from New York the other night.

I had an idea that Rotherham will be used as a penitentiary town in the future like the one used in the film.

Beginning to think it is not a bad idea for dealing with crime, drugs, and violent criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Would like to hear your review scum. Really enjoy your posts about films.

I have got an opinion about 1917 but I don't want to influence your viewpoint.
    Not a problem. I’ll post a review in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Theme tunes to Rawhide and Bonanza were so iconic that they have far outranked the actual content of the shows. Liked them as a kid though. Other stuff, like Mr Zilzal, er , I mean Mr Ed, has aged far worse though.
    (Never understood how Zilzal got through the turnstiles, unless he was a police horse! Only one person can probably explain )
    Still nice to see you are flogging a dead horse with your multi campaign mike.

Recently watched Joker. Really enjoyed it even though the pub in the back streets of Sunnyside never featured at all.

1917 looks and sounds amazing. I would suggest seeing in on the big screen for the full intended experience.
    I did think the lack of a sustainable plot and zero sub plots was a missed opportunity.
    It is stretching 2 hours of screen time just to deliver a message. It moves from one obstruction for the lads to the next.
    It’s not entirely without substance and is well worth watching because of how it looks. It’s an adventure film with war as a backdrop rather than a war film.

7/10

For me, the inherent lack of credibility to the storyline and playing a bit fast and loose with the geography of Northern France spoiled 1917. It's a great visual spectacle, but that shouldn't be the be all and end all of a film.

The Joker was the best film of the last 12 months for me I'm also in a minority of one in that I liked The Aeronauts (even though it mangled history).

The Irishman on Netflix is enjoyable.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast