+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dover's Manager Post Match Interview

Dover's Manager Post Match Interview

Dramatic celebration from Hessenthaler at the final whistle. You would think they had just clinched the title!

It's like Gollum has smoked 40 Lamberts a day for his whole life. Typical lower league manager. No likey

Can’t even bring myself to watch it.

Horrible as a player now as a manager. Didn’t he once rugby tackle a player at the City Ground?

They did exactly what they needed to do, waste time, foul, in our faces and kept a good shape. Exactly what we were good at under Warnock.

In terms of the celebration, yes it hurts. But, I’d take it as a compliment.

Not exactly sure what he has done or said that is wrong he spoke well and nothing he said was stupid.

He is a good lower league manager his record shows that but lets be honest it is going to be hard to get a club like Dover up from this level.

We just werent good enough to beat them its that simple.

Why do these southern tonks have such a problem with their 'th' sounds? You put your tongue next to your front teeth. It's just plain laziness to pronounce 'three' as 'free' etc.
    Apart from that. I've always rated Hessenthaler. A fighter and master tactician at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Horrible as a player now as a manager.
    I disagree. As a player Andy Hessenthaler was a midfield terrier who gave total commitment to every team he played for. A true ball-winner of the old school. When football folk complain these days that there aren't enough tough characters and leaders amongst the pampered footballers who come up through the academy route, it's players like him (and our own Ian Richardson, for instance) that they are harking back to. I've no doubt Hessenthaler gives exactly the same commitment to his club as a manager, which makes him OK in my book.