+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack

Jack

DS should thank his lucky stars that we have Jack, even though he doesn’t know how to use him. DS has wasted nearly 20 million on 2 wingers, and then puts our most influential player out on the wing. Jack has been involved in 15 goals in all competitions, all from left, centre, right mid or No10 position. Basically a free role, not hugging the touchline waiting for a pass, from lads who couldn’t pass wind.

The reason that we start both halves badly is because the management’s instructions of ‘stay out left’ are fresh in his mind. He gets fed up after 15-20 minutes and plays to his own strengths, and VOILA!!! We look half decent. He may drift out wide for a bit of space when the play takes him there, but he doesn’t stay there long. Sort it out Dean, be brave, use your noggin, or you’ll have us back in the Championship sharpish.

I think it’s fair to say that Jack will be gone in the summer, no matter what. I’ll wish him well, cos I truly believe that we are destroying him.

P.S. Someone has to be made accountable and sacked for the striker mess.

Agree Exiled but earlier in the season whenever CH was on, Jack had someone on the left to link up with. He is far more effective and influential in the middle, shouldn't be taking corners either.

I have a strange feeling Jack knows his destiny and is playing out of his skin to make it happen. He is carrying this team at the minute and hopefully once we have a striker in he can get his free role back. Its funny and tad sickening to hear Utd fans saying buy him in the summer he will be cheaper once there relegated!
    I think he may be tempted to spain maybe Barca? The way he carries the ball suits the style played at their club. His stock is going up and only a serious injury can stop him leaving. At this rate he could cost upwards of 100 million. That if he has to go would be good business for all. He goes abroad, he will have villa fans wishing him well and supporting him while utd fans continue to dream. We wont have to look at how he plays for another club in the prem with instant England call caps and of course we get enough money to buy some serious quality.
    Grealish can become one of the greats not just for Villa but for England.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    I have a strange feeling Jack knows his destiny and is playing out of his skin to make it happen. He is carrying this team at the minute and hopefully once we have a striker in he can get his free role back. Its funny and tad sickening to hear Utd fans saying buy him in the summer he will be cheaper once there relegated!
    I think he may be tempted to spain maybe Barca? The way he carries the ball suits the style played at their club. His stock is going up and only a serious injury can stop him leaving. At this rate he could cost upwards of 100 million. That if he has to go would be good business for all. He goes abroad, he will have villa fans wishing him well and supporting him while utd fans continue to dream. We wont have to look at how he plays for another club in the prem with instant England call caps and of course we get enough money to buy some serious quality.
    Grealish can become one of the greats not just for Villa but for England.
    I was thinking about this and I don't see many suitable destinations for Jack. He wouldn't get into the Liverpool team because of the strength they have in their squad. He would be frustrated in the man City team for similar reasons and if Sane couldn't get a regular spot under Pep (the git) then I can't see how he would.

He would improve spurs but is similar to Son, Lucas, Lamela. Maybe when Erokson goes it would open up a space for him. Man Utd are absolute dog **** at the moment and to go there while they have OGS in charge is a backwards step.

On balance I think we all agree, it's best he just stays at Villa ❤️💙

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)