+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yesterday's game

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm a bit mixed on this one, tbh.

It's harder for me to comment as i'm not going to the games so i can only go by what I hear from the commentary and then whatever paltry highlights the BBC give us; plus, of course, the opinions of my mates who still go. Splitters . Certainly the impression I've been getting is that teams have come away from our place shaking their heads and wondering how they haven't got all 3 points. I think in terms of chances that have been missed against us, it looks like we have, indeed, been lucky. But, I also take Jacko's point on board about luck not going our way, like Joelinton's header.

The more we edge towards safety, the more you've got to accept that it's not just down to luck but to the way Bruce has us organised. For the points we have at this stage of the season against the background of the poor squad and shocking injuries then Bruce absolutely deserves credit for where he's got us.

BUT-and i'm going to go back to my use of the word 'accept' here-I think a large part of the problem people have with Bruce isn't purely down to his appointment by our twat of an owner and his 'buying into' what Ashley is doing or his previous record or associations; it's to do with how we're getting these points. Our football is, by and large, appalling to watch-even Bruce himself admits it's not good to watch, ffs...but it's effective. It begs the wider question, is this how we want to survive? Is it entertaining and, given that it's not, do we have a right to expect more or should we just be grateful that we're keeping our heads above water.

I know you can't disassociate Bruce from the Ashley stuff but I think a large part of why people are still complaining after a win is because as it stands, this is our future..grinding out wins and draws with little or no flair or creativity and very little in the way of excitement (yes, last-minute goals are exciting but is it any good if the previous 93 minutes are dire to watch?). This style of football gives us no hope of pushing on-we're just 'existing' in the league and going to the games has become a chore because it's not enjoyable to watch so I can understand people's frustrations, even after a win.

Sorry for rambling.
    Spot on, Zip!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm a bit mixed on this one, tbh.

It's harder for me to comment as i'm not going to the games so i can only go by what I hear from the commentary and then whatever paltry highlights the BBC give us; plus, of course, the opinions of my mates who still go. Splitters . Certainly the impression I've been getting is that teams have come away from our place shaking their heads and wondering how they haven't got all 3 points. I think in terms of chances that have been missed against us, it looks like we have, indeed, been lucky. But, I also take Jacko's point on board about luck not going our way, like Joelinton's header.

The more we edge towards safety, the more you've got to accept that it's not just down to luck but to the way Bruce has us organised. For the points we have at this stage of the season against the background of the poor squad and shocking injuries then Bruce absolutely deserves credit for where he's got us.

BUT-and i'm going to go back to my use of the word 'accept' here-I think a large part of the problem people have with Bruce isn't purely down to his appointment by our twat of an owner and his 'buying into' what Ashley is doing or his previous record or associations; it's to do with how we're getting these points. Our football is, by and large, appalling to watch-even Bruce himself admits it's not good to watch, ffs...but it's effective. It begs the wider question, is this how we want to survive? Is it entertaining and, given that it's not, do we have a right to expect more or should we just be grateful that we're keeping our heads above water.

I know you can't disassociate Bruce from the Ashley stuff but I think a large part of why people are still complaining after a win is because as it stands, this is our future..grinding out wins and draws with little or no flair or creativity and very little in the way of excitement (yes, last-minute goals are exciting but is it any good if the previous 93 minutes are dire to watch?). This style of football gives us no hope of pushing on-we're just 'existing' in the league and going to the games has become a chore because it's not enjoyable to watch so I can understand people's frustrations, even after a win.

Sorry for rambling.
    Are you Ghost in disguise? Looooong post. Only kidding. Well said.👍

The difference is that I read your post.

Fks sake.

I go away for a day and you turn into ghosts.

Need to corelate my thoughts properly but will say this. Its a head melt at the momebt being a fan

Like under Rafa, I an pleased with the results but hate the way we get them.

Under Rafa, I had hope with investment the style would improve - he was good enough to cur his cloth. I just dont see the style improving under Bruce no matter what the investment

Kudos for the results, but come back to me when we have the 5th best form in the league.

But yes, fkn fair play for the results. I feel dirty saying this, but I am pleasantly surprised and pleased.

But make no mistake, my attitude to Ashley and his cnts hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Fks sake.

😂😂😂

The only people getting value for money out of a performance like that are the 10k free ticket fans

Another dire performance but a win is a win I would hate to think I had payed to watch that lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Fks sake.

I'm calling multi. Ban the zippster.

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    I'm calling multi. Ban the zippster.
    Aww, shit, rumbled.

Gonna have to ban myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)