+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clitheroe v Pickering Town Match Report

Clitheroe v Pickering Town Match Report

BT Sinkov & me met up at the Shawbridge ground in Clitheroe for their home fixture in the Northern Premier North West Division against bottom of the table Pickering Town. The away team started brightly and took an early lead when Danny Earl broke free of a hesitant Blues defence to fire the visitors ahead. Clitheroe struggled to put any moves together and when they did they found Pickering centre half Matty Turnbull in dominant form. Half time 0-1. A nightmare start to the second half saw Pickering double their lead when a corner caused total confusion in the Clitheroe defence and led to an own goal. 18 year old Burnley apprentice Mitchell George who has recently joined Clitheroe on loan came on as a sub just before the hour mark. Forget that saying about it being a game of two halves. As BT said this now became a game of three thirds! Whereas Pickering had been in control for the first hour suddenly Clitheroe found their attacking rhythm. On 71 minutes George played through top scorer Connor Gaul who rifled into the far corner to halve the deficit. Within a minute Gaul brought the scores level. Now it was all Clitheroe but a third goal eluded them. Full time 2-2. A very enjoyable match watched by a gate of 463. Excellent pies provided thanks to Sinkov and I would recommend meeting at a non-league ground as a great way to have a get together. My local club is Radcliffe. Their form has dipped alarmingly of late and manager Jon Macken has now resigned alongside his assistant Frank Sinclair citing “problems over alignment”. I haven’t tried the pies but the social club is excellent and I would be glad to meet up here on my home ground.

Thoroughly enjoyable day out. Outwood benefited from the services of Terrier Taxis, sinkov proved to be the perfect host and a good afternoon was enjoyed all round.

Pies ain't bad either!

In leyman`s terms BFC have spent 5 of the last 6 seasons in the PL and BRFC 6 of 6 in the Championship and we are probably on a par with them ability wise.
    Says it all really.

Fareham Town is my local side. The Creeksiders play at the Cams Alders Stadium, capacity 4,500. I see from their website that they beat Horndean 3-0 in early December 2019 in front of a baying mob of 76 (seventy six).

If I am ever down in Hampshire Warminster I will message you to see if you are free for a Fareham Town game.

Thank you Outwood - I'm up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    BT Sinkov & me met up at the Shawbridge ground in Clitheroe for their home fixture in the Northern Premier North West Division against bottom of the table Pickering Town. The away team started brightly and took an early lead when Danny Earl broke free of a hesitant Blues defence to fire the visitors ahead. Clitheroe struggled to put any moves together and when they did they found Pickering centre half Matty Turnbull in dominant form. Half time 0-1. A nightmare start to the second half saw Pickering double their lead when a corner caused total confusion in the Clitheroe defence and led to an own goal. 18 year old Burnley apprentice Mitchell George who has recently joined Clitheroe on loan came on as a sub just before the hour mark. Forget that saying about it being a game of two halves. As BT said this now became a game of three thirds! Whereas Pickering had been in control for the first hour suddenly Clitheroe found their attacking rhythm. On 71 minutes George played through top scorer Connor Gaul who rifled into the far corner to halve the deficit. Within a minute Gaul brought the scores level. Now it was all Clitheroe but a third goal eluded them. Full time 2-2. A very enjoyable match watched by a gate of 463. Excellent pies provided thanks to Sinkov and I would recommend meeting at a non-league ground as a great way to have a get together. My local club is Radcliffe. Their form has dipped alarmingly of late and manager Jon Macken has now resigned alongside his assistant Frank Sinclair citing “problems over alignment”. I haven’t tried the pies but the social club is excellent and I would be glad to meet up here on my home ground.
    Excellent report Outwood, so spot on I need not have bothered going. BT even managed to find another Burnley fan to have the traditional moan about the dire state of our club, and I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon in the very good company of my two new mates, although the two goals in two minutes were a relief, it was a tad embarrassing being 0-2 down to the bottom of the league, after I'd been saying what a good team we had at Clitheroe this season. If there's a Cltheroe game I can't get to and Radcliffe are at home I'll happily pay a visit Outwood. And I think the pies are Clayton Park Bakery, not 100% sure, I shall enquire.

Nice to see you all had a good time lads. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Nice to see you all had a good time lads. Cool.
    We restricted the politics to about ten minutes Alf, that helped.

That's 10 minutes too long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)