+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V Watford

I’d like to see Chester start for hause, he’s frustrating cos apparently he’s top of the headed clearances stats but must be top of the misplaced passes stats too eh 😂

I have just read that ‘allegedly’ Samatta will be unveiled at VP prior to kick off tonight 👏👏👏👏👏 So I am presuming Villa must have his work permit sorted, AND ‘allegedly’ he should be available to face Leicester next week. We shall see.

Anyway fingers crossed. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Villa’s Samatta quiz. 5/10 for me. Tbf I knew 3 and 2 inspired guesses and 5 rubbish guesses. 🤪

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/01/...a-samatta-quiz

Sorry Rosie, I believe that he would have had to have been signed before the 1st leg to be eligible to play the 2nd leg.

Re work permit, we can unveil him all we want, but can't play him till the permit is done, which I believe it isn't quite done yet.

Don't the paper shufflers really p1ss ya off.

Why on earth is Luiz on the bench again for Drinkwater?

Lineup:-

Bongo already mentioned Luiz on the bench.

29Reina
    15Konsa
    40Mings
    30Hause
    24Guilbert
    4Drinkwater
    11Nakamba
    18Targett
    17Trézéguet
    21El Ghazi
    10Grealish

Substitutes
    5Chester
    6Douglas Luiz
    8Lansbury
    14Hourihane
    25Nyland
    27El Mohamady
    36Vassilev

Cant believe he started the same team as last week but unbelievable end to the game. GET IN KONZA!

Oh my - AVFC, you are a cruel cruel mistress - had me ranting at such inept play in the final third, awful defending at times & putting Jack out left again. I was sure Watford would do a classic smash and grab, why do we labour so much!

A MASSIVE result and in some ways justice against the pathetic time-wasting, we were there for the taking. Out of the bottom 3 and Bournemouth up next, with a striker - I'd put Vassilev up there with him, make Trez & El Ghazi earn their place.

Hopefully no we have a striker Jack will play more central. Im finally starting to question Deano.

Harry is now a fully fledged Villan and loved it! The time wasting was disgusting, as was the referees decision to do ball all about it. Can't believe we got the winner a whole MINUTE after he should have blown.

Nakamba was absolutely magnificent tonight! Marvelous - you might say. The back 3 is good, only week link is Hause. He is very negative and a bit sloppy. Would love to get Engels back in the team or give Chester a run out.

Grealish out wide was a bit disheartening to be honest but everything went that way and he was supported well by Targett, who had one of his better fakes himself, just a bit weak in the air.

Let's hope Samatta is a hell of a striker and Jack can go back to a no. 10 role!

Up the Villa

Aww I'm glad Harry got a win on his trip to VP. As others have said, a huge win. Sam, let's hope we'll both be clamouring to sign up Samatta to our fantasy teams.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)