+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V Watford

Did that just happen. I just knew that fat tw4t deeney would score but boy oh boy the whole ground laid into the horible excuse for a piece of skin at the end, i did not sing much as the performance to be honest was a bit poor up until 70 mins. Ive actually lost my voice giving Fat boy troy' loads of stick, if any club deserved to lose like that with the last kick it was watford, i mean, time wasting from 15 mins in. What was all that about?
    Funny, the north stand.....Limbs!
    Hope the lad enjoyed Sam. To think i did this with my lad, hes now 22 and jumps all over me when we score.
    A really lovely lovely end to the day. Oh and one more chorus....deeney deeney whats the score fat boy, whats the score?

Quote Originally Posted by VillaRosie View Post
    I have just read that ‘allegedly’ Samatta will be unveiled at VP prior to kick off tonight 👏👏👏👏👏 So I am presuming Villa must have his work permit sorted, AND ‘allegedly’ he should be available to face Leicester next week. We shall see.

Anyway fingers crossed. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Villa’s Samatta quiz. 5/10 for me. Tbf I knew 3 and 2 inspired guesses and 5 rubbish guesses. 🤪

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/01/...a-samatta-quiz
    Sorry Rosie, you right me wrong, DS saying that Samatta will be eligible for Lista. I should've bowed to your greater knowledge and research .

What a result last night, the young Villan and I were quite emotional. Laptop went flying and we shared a glorious celebration, that would have woken the dead.

Great result and a much better performance overall.. loved all the neat flicks jack was making but sadly not a lot came from them.. be good when we’ve got the new striker up there although very impressed with Indianna n his work rate !

Hause must read this board cos last night he proved me wrong big time as he never Made a bad pass lol

Also I’d drop trezeguet as thought he was shocking last night and Targett needs to work on his crossing cos he gets into some lovely positions with this new system but wastes them.. other than that all good UTV

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    Also I’d drop trezeguet as thought he was shocking last night and Targett needs to work on his crossing cos he gets into some lovely positions with this new system but wastes them.. other than that all good UTV
    I thought Trez was OK to be honest. You're right about Targett. Smith has said "we are working on new tactical formations and if Targett is crossing from the left I need Guilbert to be at the back post" fair enough

I'm a bit glass half empty about that performance - we are so vulnerable at the back post both sides, this is really basic stuff and a decent team would have dismantled us last night. Watford had 4 wins a draw and just 1 defeat in the last 7 so I don't know why they didn't turn up to bury us & open up a gap. If they go down they'll look back on this game and I'm sure if we stay up we'll do the same.

Lots of endeavour by the team but so many times we failed to deliver a decent ball into the danger area from good forward positions (Targett especially although it was his effort that led to the first goal).

Nakamba had a great game and that triple save from Reina was a crucial moment.

So now ive calmed down, my take goes a long the lines of:
    Poor first half, Hause was atrocious, no threat up front, jack not looking happy on the wing. Just where were our 3 central defenders for Deeneys goal? Guy next to me started booing at HT and stopped when I gave him the 'Death Stare' never booh your team, this is what shatters the players confidence!
    Watford fans gave it large, decent support considering it was a school night.
    I struggled to get 3 tickets together and was annoyed to see swaves of empty seats mainly due to ST holders who could not be bothered, shame on you.
    The 2nd half was much better, watford settled for the 1 goal and tried to frustrate us all and they were succeeding. Deeney the fat fcuk ran out of steam and we started to get the passing going. For me the turning point was the very disapointing Drinkwater made way for Luiz, who along with Jack ran the show with Grealish coming more inside and not catching a cold on the wing.
    Hause got his act together and the defence including Riena were playing pass ball but id rather they did not do this mainly for my nerves. Once we equalised it really did feel like the winner was coming, the celebration from Luiz was epic.
    Watford now back peddling running out of steam were put to the sword, begin the Limbs. I never realised id scraped my shins and obtained a black eye due to the release of tension. A great night in the end and the following deserve a mention.
    Targett played well driving forward but yes needs to practice crossing. Nakamba showing us at last how he can dominate and run for 90 mins but for me Luiz was just magic. Has to start infront of DD.
    I actually thought Trez had a decent game much better than Alghazi.
    Finally it was great to walk through the Watford fans who were well and truly shut up, they gave us so much stick during the game and they must agree their players antics and tactics were a disgrace!
    I have a good feeling and we have a new striker to look forward to, we must back him 100%
    Few, UTV
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 22-01-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Agree Dave! Trez had a good night. Honestly, Danny Drinkwater didn't do a lot wrong. He sprayed 2 balls out wide to either wing in the first half and I thought "yep I remember this guy from 2016"...unfortunately I think he left his legs in that year too. 60 mins and he was done for. I'm not being sarcastic when I say I could outrun him. He is painfully slow on the ball. At least he is a loan player but that shouldn't mean he gets in ahead of our own.

Luiz is something special. You have to remember the lad is just a kid! He has a big future in football not just becuae of the goal (and amazing celebration) but because of his calmness, and coolness on the ball. Him and Nakamba were excellent. Hopefully with Samatta being the real deal we can be more positive. I'd have Nakamba and Luiz in the centre of midfield, Jack just ahead, Samatta as the striker and Trez and El Ghazi on the wing. I'd drop the 3 at the back and have just Konsa and Mings with Guilbert and Targett as wingbacks

I remember another midfielder who was blowing after 50mins until he got fit - his name is Paul Merson. Luiz seems to do better as a sub.

5-3-2 is working ok and we are picking up points, I would play Vassilev & Samatta as both are quick, bring Engels back for Hause & put Jack in the hole with free reign.

Nakamba and Drinkwater anchoring - I don't see it working with Trez and El Ghazi despite the work rate.

I think once "Sama sama goal sama sama goal" comes in the emphasis will be wing backs to provide. Another striker please.532

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)