+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Third Cambridge team?

A Third Cambridge team?

I wonder if a third Cambridge team could be born. City are a pub team, United are terminally ill. Cambridge is set to boom, a fit club will be needed. All it takes is a couple of monied people, theres plenty of them, an initial ground share, an application to the eastern counties league, the appointment of a manager, coach and players and were away.

Minus the slow clod like regressiveness at the Abbey. A team whos only aim is to win football matches, and unmistakenly Anglian. Entering Ely there is the Anglian TV knight, full armour, vizor etc......that would be a good emblem.

FC of Manchester did it, hacked off with the Glazers, AFC Wimbledon did it, countless clubs started under street lights by a few blokes.

Rebel Scream.

Look on the bright side Frank,there's always Wishbech to call back on,how are they doing?

Ohhh.... When it rains it pours eh,still there was a cracking game against the mighty Carlton Town a couple of weeks ago (6-4) I wish that was there for that one

I am surprised that your back. Are things ok with Sue?. Looks like I was right all along about Wisbech, they did improve, but not enough. The manager got fired, everyone knew before he did. A full week before it happened. I know I go on about it, but life is certainly weird.

The chairman hopes to stay up, in the same way I expect Jennifer Aniston to knock on my door. He has been to a northern premier league meeting, and the northern league will extend as far south as Cambridge. There are a lot of clubs in the far south now.

Anyway, what is in your hand on the other thread? Is it an adder, a young one? Flopsy.

Things are fine with Sue thanks Frank,I have to keep coming back to Nottingham to sort out bits of business but hopefully in a couple of months I may move permanently,life is being good at the moment but I'm still not sure about taking the big step forward
    It's a slow worm in the other tread,I couldn't believe it when I saw it as I'm never going to see anything like that in Nottingham as i walk down the street,there's even some lizards that roam around the island,I've spotted one but it was only about three inches long
    How are you Frank (apart from Utd) is life treating you well,how's Molly!
    Last edited by cocopops61; 20-01-2020 at 11:57 AM.

All is well. Molly has calmed down a lot. She has an up and at em attitude. I can see how she got depressed and on the brink of giving up. She enjoys life to the full, her greatest joy is to be let free, where she frolicks like a young child, rolling in the dirt and sprinting everywhere. Being locked up in a kennel must have been awful for her.

If you do move, I cant understand why you cant get on the internet. Anyway, there are a couple of things that may help you decide. A lot of people wear masks, and when you make a commitment they come off, slowly.
    Frustrate her to see what reaction you get, like saying no when you usually say yes. If she goes ape your in trouble, if she accepts that gracefully your ok.

Another guide is to say you've had a bad day, or your feeling low. If she doesn't pick up on that and carries on regardless talking about other things, your in trouble. You don't have to have had a bad day, or feel low. Keeping your flat paid up might be a good move, if it goes bad you have a place to go.

On the other hand, she might be what you've always needed. Taking chances, throwing the dice is the way to go. The far south is a lot warmer, im sure there are many exotic animals around. I know there are budgies in Kent.

Reggie.

I'm not to keen on the idea of causing friction where there is non in the first place Frank,it's not a good start to a relationship is it?
    When I say that I don't go onto the internet I don't mean that the IoW is twenty years behind the mainland but it's that I don't bother with the forums as much as I do as when I'm at home bored,if you've got good company sitting next to you then why bother going elsewhere?
    As for moving permanently then it would be a massive thing for me as i've spent the whole of my life living in the same square mile
    Last edited by cocopops61; 21-01-2020 at 06:29 PM.

I had no intention of causing friction. Being able to say no in a relationship appropriately, is not causing friction, and it is normal. You should be able to draw boundaries. If you say yes to everything you are creating a future problem. If you start saying no after saying yes to everything, for years, you will be viciously attacked.

As for number two, that will show that your emotional welfare is not important, and can be ignored as per no1. I have noticed that you don't always act in your best interests, and that you are headstrong. That's ok, but it doesn't always work. You do need to listen more, not nescessarily to me, but to someone you trust.

I've been looking through some of the past posts since I last came on here Frank and this forum is on its knees,there's only.you that puts on posts of any relevance and the forum looks too bleak to survive,griff sometimes comes on to throw the odd insult,Kel just isn't bothered and I'm moving on as so should you,there are no Utd fans on here to share your views and the tumbleweed rolls past,there is another forum for Utd fans and if you Google Cambridge Utd forum it will come up but you probably know about it already,I've set you up an account so that you can post straight away and I will send you a pm with the details

There are about thirty readers per post. Some of them will be united fans. Good luck down south.

Thanks Frank,I'm going back down overnight tonight as it's a far more relaxing journey without the traffic and jams,don't forget what I said about posting on here,it was a great forum once but nobody is interested anymore,I'm sure that there must be a Utd forum on Facebook or somewhere that would welcome your input
    I've also got my fingers crossed for Wisbech but things look a bit grim for them at the moment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)