+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings Vs Dover

Ratings Vs Dover

Slocombe: Not a lot to do, but did it well. 7
    Brindley: hardly noticed him, offered little going forward but wasn't really challenged all game. 5
    Rawlinson: solid. 7
    Lacey: Plays some decent balls forward and looks solid. 7 MOM
    McCrory: pWe need to get more out of him going forward. Solid enough though against a poor attacking team. 6
    Osbourne: looked the most likely to make things happen, was the victim of some poor refereeing. Poor final ball though. 6
    Enzio: Took some poor corners and hit the post with a free kick...but did very little else. I think it is a reflection of Ardley's coaching that we can't get him into games more consistently. To be fair to him, he was given nothing to work with. 5
    Doyle: Shouts a lot and puts himself about, but got a silly booking for dissent because he can't keep his mouth shut. Some nice passes, but gives it away a hell of a lot too. Sponsors gave him MOM...not for me. 6
    Rose: Did very little. 5
    Thomas: looked most likely to score, but he generally misses a lot of chances. Lacks composure. 6
    Wootton: Had very poor service all game, but did fail to get his one opportunity on target. Isolated at home to Dover... shouldn't have been. 5

Dennis: Didn't do much really. 6
    Tyson: Could be an option on the left, looked dangerous, but didn't have much time. 6

Ardley: Tactically poor. Couldn't find a way to break down another rubbish team at home. Should be getting more from these players. 4

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Ardley: Tactically poor. Couldn't find a way to break down another rubbish team at home. Should be getting more from these players. 4

Dover have won as many as top of the league Barrow away from home and have lost one game fewer, so they certainly aren't "another rubbish team" when they're on the road.

I agree with most of those ratings, but I remember saying at the game that I'm glad I didn't have to choose the MOM because nobody stood out. What disappointed me most was that when they dropped very deep in the last 10 minutes, we didn't throw men forward (I'm thinking throwing either Rawlinson or Lacey up front) and put the ball in their box. It's always a bit of a gamble, but it's a gamble worth taking. I'm always going on about only gambling when the odds are in your favour, but in situations like yesterday they definitely are in our favour. By that I mean rather than settle for a draw, take a risk and go for the win, because the reward is double the loss. Even if it backfires in half the games and succeeds in the other half, it is still worthwhile. As an example, take our 7 draws at home this season which have yielded 7 points. Even if we had gambled and lost 4 and only won 3 games, we would have gained 9 points. I know drawing some games is inevitable, but I'm just putting forward a principle.

Sadly, I think Ardley would rather 'respect the point' than take a risk.

Slocombe: Not a lot to do, but did it well. 7
    Brindley: hardly noticed him, offered little going forward but wasn't really challenged all game. 5
    Rawlinson: solid. 7
    Lacey: Plays some decent balls forward and looks solid. 7 MOM
    McCrory: pWe need to get more out of him going forward. Solid enough though against a poor attacking team. 6
    Osbourne: looked the most likely to make things happen, was the victim of some poor refereeing. Poor final ball though. 6
    Enzio: Took some poor corners and hit the post with a free kick...but did very little else. I think it is a reflection of Ardley's coaching that we can't get him into games more consistently. To be fair to him, he was given nothing to work with. 5
    Doyle: Shouts a lot and puts himself about, but got a silly booking for dissent because he can't keep his mouth shut. Some nice passes, but gives it away a hell of a lot too. Sponsors gave him MOM...not for me. 6
    Rose: Did very little. 5
    Thomas: looked most likely to score, but he generally misses a lot of chances. Lacks composure. 6
    Wootton: Had very poor service all game, but did fail to get his one opportunity on target. Isolated at home to Dover... shouldn't have been. 5

Dennis: Didn't do much really. 6
    Tyson: Could be an option on the left, looked dangerous, but didn't have much time. 6

Apart from nearly gifting them a goal, I would say Rose didn't do anything. Oh, and I much prefer young Kelly Evans these days.
    Last edited by navypie; 19-01-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Knew who’d written this before checking

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    Knew who’d written this before checking
    Anything else to add? What do you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Dover have won as many as top of the league Barrow away from home and have lost one game fewer, so they certainly aren't "another rubbish team" when they're on the road.
    Which one of their players would you like in our team? I've only heard of Youssef because of his time at Mansfield. They have a tiny squad and the reality is that they simply couldn't afford any of our players.

They were rubbish yesterday. A decent side would have torn them apart.

Which one of their players would you like in our team? I've only heard of Youssef because of his time at Mansfield. They have a tiny squad and the reality is that they simply couldn't afford any of our players.

They were rubbish yesterday. A decent side would have torn them apart.
    Again, I agree with you KC. They were rubbish ( as were we ) but their fans certainly were not. Great effort for over 250 of them to travel such a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Again, I agree with you KC. They were rubbish ( as were we ) but their fans certainly were not. Great effort for over 250 of them to travel such a long way.
    True. They only average around 1,100 at home, so that was brilliant support from their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True. They only average around 1,100 at home, so that was brilliant support from their fans.
    There could have been more I hear. A lot got off at Toddington, never to be seen again.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast