+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Massive win

Massive win

Absolutely massive win today,proud of the way they stuck at it ..Mee had a very poor game ,but Popeye pulled him out with some great saves,not more so than the Steptoe penalty save..

A much needed three points and against a top three team.. Thought we sat back too much in the last 10 mins but we hung on ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Absolutely massive win today,proud of the way they stuck at it ..Mee had a very poor game ,but Popeye pulled him out with some great saves,not more so than the Steptoe penalty save..

A much needed three points and against a top three team.. Thought we sat back too much in the last 10 mins but we hung on ..
    Cannot agree with you more. I would have taken a point before the game but as you say the win was massive. However, it should not hide the fact that we need the squad freshening up. Mee was terrible was at fault for the goal and the penalty, although Hendrick had a better game he drifts from his position too often. I actually thought that Westwood was fantastic he covered more ground than ever. I think Cork looked leggy abd the game passed him by so a couple of new faces is needed.

A really, really great win, but we still need a new right back and two central midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

A win at Old Trafford would be phooking marvellous!

Attachment 14807

That was a pleasant surprise, I thought we played quite well in the 2nd half, which I wasn't expecting.

I believe we are 7/1 now Sinky. Lol

You know Alfie, with all the excitement of seeing us actually win a game, I'd forgotten all about our little bets. Best I can see is 13/2 with Betfair, I'll sleep on it and think about topping up tomorrow at that price. One swallow does not a summer make.

Great afternoon!

Fantastic match, belting atmosphere and decent pie and coffee.

We really got our mojo back in the second half and Leicester can have few complaints.

More of the same on Wednesday please.

I reckon we need a couple more in this window. It's a pity that McNeil isn't allowed free rein up front - if we get the right signings then we can utilise him where he is most effective instead of being a cover for Taylor.

Four more wins needed, let's get them ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Four more wins needed, let's get them ASAP.
    Down to three wins now, or two and some draws!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)