+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alfie..

Alfie..

I know that you have traveled around the UK in your time,have you ever visited Skomer Island in Wales?
    If you have how easy is it to reach once you get to the coast,I've decided to go and see some puffins and going by what I've read this place seems ideal but I would rather get information from somebody that's been rather than the Welsh.tourist board

Sorry Chalky,I've been to most places in and around Pembrokeshire,but never to Skomer Island,so i can't help you there..Had a look online and it looks a good trip.If you go please let me know how it went as I will keep it in mind when we are in that area again. Hope you are keeping well mate.

I'm keeping fine thanks Alf,I've also had a quick look online and it seems a pretty busy place with restrictions on how many people can visit there,there's also a boat trip that you can take that sails near the cliffs and puffins but I really wanted to get closer to them as the seen to be semi tame and was hoping that maybe you had visited it in the past,it will make a change to get somewhere before you do

Look after yourself and take care Alf

Hi Coco, I know south wales quite well so when you have finished looking at the birds and you may want to break your journey home I could suggest Barry Island. It's where Gavin n Stacy spent Xmas, good beaches, pubs n eating houses funfair with big wheel n rides. Spent weekend there 2 years ago with couple of other footymad lads. We were lucky to catch Red Arrows too.

I shall keep in mind claw as I will be spending a few days that way,I will probably kept out of Nessas arcade though

Worked in barry a few years ago on the morrisons supermarket. Was a good place to work. Been loads of places In south Wales esp around Swnsea. Some lovely places but some rough ones. Like anywhere I suppose.

The Gower Peninsular is great for views ,beaches ,wildlife aand walking ..You can walk out to the end of the worms head when the tide is out ,but give yourself time to get back or you will be stuck there until the next low tide.. Lol