+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An apology to Mr Mark Connolly Dundee United FC.

An apology to Mr Mark Connolly Dundee United FC.

Last season during the Play Off matches i was very critical of your performances for the club i have supported since the Beatles were doing A Hard Day's Night.The clearance off the line today was equivalent to Shankland's goal at the other end.
    I have been fortunate to be an Arab when we had the likes of Smith,Hegarty and Narey playing in the heart of our defence,they are very difficult footsteps to follow in but you do give your all for our club and i have never witnessed a player who cares more about my team than you do,Arabest the Boat.

I think that Troy Brown and Paul Watson have to take a huge chunk of credit for their hand in Connollys improvement. Troy Brown not being quite good enough allowed Paul Watson in to make the right side of CB his own, from where Connolly had to up his game to capitalize on Reynolds injury/dip in form and make the left side of CB his own!

I dont see Watson and Connolly missing another game all season, unless injury hits.

Nice one Gunboat.

I have heard quite a few Utd fans criticise him, some of it over the top.

I hope he stays with us as I think he is the best out of the 3 central defenders we have. There is no way he is the type who will happily sit around picking up a wage so glad to see him back playing. He was unlucky with the injury and our form made it hard to get back in team, must have been a tricky one for Robbie as I think he will probably like Connolly's style of play. I was really impressed with how he spoke when out the team also, bided his time even although he must have hated not playing. Like really hated it! Must have been a toss up for either Connolly or Butcher for captain today.

There is a video Utd did of Connolly and Butcher being asked quiz questions by a kid, it is pretty funny as you can clearly see how competitive they both are haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJeufNxlarU

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    ...Connolly had to up his game to capitalize on Reynolds injury/dip in form and make the left side of CB his own!

I dont see Watson and Connolly missing another game all season, unless injury hits.
    Yeah, that back four today with Seigrist in goal are a decent defence. And we have Reynolds who can easily play in one of the CB slots too.

They were well tested today too, as Hibs are a very decent team in attack. To play like they did in attack after a 3 week break was pretty impressive.

I think its only fair to put up a thread like this when you have been proved wrong by the player in question.I have no idea if Mark will ever read this but that's no important.The main thing is someone at Dundee United Football Club will tell him that a senior poster of this forum is admitting he was wrong and really appreciates the effort he put's in both on and off the park for our club,WASC,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think its only fair to put up a thread like this when you have been proved wrong by the player in question.I have no idea if Mark will ever read this but that's no important.The main thing is someone at Dundee United Football Club will tell him that a senior poster of this forum is admitting he was wrong and really appreciates the effort he put's in both on and off the park for our club,WASC,FACT.
    Well played. FACT!

I'm sorry lads but I never doubted him, he was very capable & is very capable.
    Monsters get their talons into certain players.
    Swiped a clearance at windy St Mirren in the play-off game & that was it, he's ****e.
    He has a big heart too and between him, the other Mark & Paul Watson we have central defence covered for 20/21.

He's a nutcase and passionate when he plays which i like but i dont rate him. Bombscare majority of time and usually a bricker for a booking

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    He's a nutcase and passionate when he plays which i like but i dont rate him. Bombscare majority of time and usually a bricker for a booking
    Agree with this 100%. Can't possibly question his passion and desire but he's erratic and always prone to doing something stupid. Far too often he gives away ridiculous free-kicks. Watson is the far more reliable of the 2 for me. I think we need at least 1 centre-half for next season.

Watson is a strong contender for being our best CB IMO

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)