+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An apology to Mr Mark Connolly Dundee United FC.

I was at the game, didn't see things close up . Did watch the highlights this morning, looked a wee bit easy to cut us open. Still didn't give in tho.

Do we need another 3 centre backs? I agree we are not the strongest in that department, but, who do we get ? and how long will it take for them to bed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I was at the game, didn't see things close up . Did watch the highlights this morning, looked a wee bit easy to cut us open. Still didn't give in tho.

Do we need another 3 centre backs? I agree we are not the strongest in that department, but, who do we get ? and how long will it take for them to bed in?
    The problem is passion and heart may be good enough in this league but it won't cut it next season. As to who we get in, that's really going to depend on our owners and what their ambitions are going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    The problem is passion and heart may be good enough in this league but it won't cut it next season. As to who we get in, that's really going to depend on our owners and what their ambitions are going forward.
    I'm really hoping that passion and heart will be one of the things next season that keeps us up.

It has to be a blend as we all know.

I've watched plenty SPL matches this season, and some of their defences ain't much better than ours.

Don't think we will have any problems ambition wise with our owners (yet)

A few seasons with no return can change any investors mind.

Correct me if im wrong but did we no start getting the clean sheets and going on a run when Connolly was injured and we brought in Watson?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Watson is a strong contender for being our best CB IMO

totally agree with this....Watson looks pretty comfortable as a centre half.Connolly will have to keep playing well to keep his place as will Reynolds when he gets back in...all good for the team.

Thought Robson struggled yesterday maybe a mixture of coming back in and not being fully match fit and dealing with Boyle who when on form has pace t burn and will cause any defender a problem.

Watson hasn't just been our best CH since he got back in the team he's been our best player imo.

Do I think any of the 3 CH's could cut it in the top I league? I doubt it.

I agree Watson has been excellent since he came in and to keep his place in the side.

I like Connolly’s spirit. His distribution is not the best but he can head and defend well.

I think yesterday showed that we need experience of playing better players eg failing to close down enough on their goals.

That will come though when this set of players get a chance to get used to playing in the prem

I think generally we keep most of our squad and just get a few quality reinforcements

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    totally agree with this....Watson looks pretty comfortable as a centre half.Connolly will have to keep playing well to keep his place as will Reynolds when he gets back in...all good for the team.

Thought Robson struggled yesterday maybe a mixture of coming back in and not being fully match fit and dealing with Boyle who when on form has pace t burn and will cause any defender a problem.
    I've got a notion that Jamie Robson is set for a excellent career.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I've got a notion that Jamie Robson is set for a excellent career.
    Still a long way to go for him though good recent improvement under Robbie.

Young lads can do well like mccunnie, Keith Watson - not everyone turns out like Andy R.

Attitude is a big part and Robson seems to have improved in that regard

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I agree Watson has been excellent since he came in and to keep his place in the side.

I like Connolly’s spirit. His distribution is not the best but he can head and defend well.

I think yesterday showed that we need experience of playing better players eg failing to close down enough on their goals.

That will come though when this set of players get a chance to get used to playing in the prem

I think generally we keep most of our squad and just get a few quality reinforcements
    Well be ready to be fighting to stay up again next season. I hope our owners have a little more ambition than that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)