+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: An apology to Mr Mark Connolly Dundee United FC.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    See that's where I struggle to understand folk on here... We should have been out of this sh1t hole league 3 years ago and it's embarrassing that we weren't. If I'm on my own here fair enough but I won't be doing any cartwheels when we win the league, it'll be relief that we're back where we belong, pure and simple. I consider the last 4 years a nightmare and I don't want to go through it again which is why I want the new owners to spend big during the summer and for United to be the force in Scottish football that they should be.
    agree wi all of this to be fair, if/when we do get promoted i will be feeling more relieved than anything else, first year doon was a laugh visiting different grounds, after that it's been pretty f ucking sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'm actually with you on this one. I won't be jumping for joy when we win the league. Pleased yes, of course. Happy to finally be up. I've had no joy whatsoever from the last 4 years. The most excited I've be about a game in that time was Sunday vs Hibs.
    Hallelujah! Thanks for some reality.

Dont be so patronising. Having supported United since 1975 I have seen every type of football played & of course the years in this division have been misery. But i just dont get the constant negativity when we are hopefully on the cusp of returning to better times

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Dont be so patronising. Having supported United since 1975 I have seen every type of football played & of course the years in this division have been misery. But i just dont get the constant negativity when we are hopefully on the cusp of returning to better times
    You just said in a previous post 'you have no idea why I follow United' and you call me patronising! Pot/kettle springs to mind.

Lets agree to disagree. Of course no United supporter has enjoyed the last few years & of course there will need to be improvements but it seems churlish to not acknowledge that things are definately better than what they were & that will hopefully continue as we look to re establish ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Lets agree to disagree. Of course no United supporter has enjoyed the last few years & of course there will need to be improvements but it seems churlish to not acknowledge that things are definately better than what they were & that will hopefully continue as we look to re establish ourselves.
    The phase 'pissing in the wind' springs to mind. I actually agree with quite a bit he's written but there is no doubt about the constant negativity. Seems to actually enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Our current squad would not go down but we will add to it... ambition shouldn't really be in doubt since last January when we started building for the future.

However I'm more concerned with enjoying the here and now, we don't win many league titles, especially at a canter.
    It may technically be a league title but as far as I'm concerned it's not. Which maybe doesn't make much sense I agree. I just don't see it as something to celebrate. Something to be happy about, yes, relieved about, yes.
    I agree we should all be happy with finally getting up but it's just a stepping stone to where we need to be. A lot to do yet to be competitive top 6.

I find it strange that when we finally seem to be heading in the right direction & hopefully getting back to the top league that we are now disagreeing with each other on the subject of whether we should celebrate or not. Of course there will be relief & yes its taken longer than we would have liked & yes we will need to continue to improve but i am pretty sure that if/ when promotion is achieved there will be a lot of arabs 'celebrating' not just sitting & being relieved that its happened. The very fact its taken longer than it should have & that we have had to watch a lot of utter s..t in that time means for me it will def be a celebration

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It may technically be a league title but as far as I'm concerned it's not. Which maybe doesn't make much sense I agree. I just don't see it as something to celebrate. Something to be happy about, yes, relieved about, yes.
    I agree we should all be happy with finally getting up but it's just a stepping stone to where we need to be. A lot to do yet to be competitive top 6.
    ^^^ This

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

Sorry but I didn't mentioned celebrate in post, I said enjoy the here and now instead of being a sad negative type that never enjoys the good times or appreciate them, we will be fine next season, we are in safe hands, I'm going to be enjoy the ride, loving this season after the previous few, winning the league gets promotion so that would be worth celebrating though, and at the end of the day it is a league title and we'll only be our fourth, not a major one so not one we will ever cherish as an honour list but a memorable season for an the right reasons we will look back on fondly as when we got back on track, cracking spirit, results, crowds, derby wins, Shankland, beautiful kit etc

Look forward to every game just now, doesn't matter if its Hibs or Morton.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)