+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: An apology to Mr Mark Connolly Dundee United FC.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Eh! What's it go to do with me lol!
    I agree with a lot of what you said in your earlier post, and I also agree with Bannon's Boots, we shouldn't be at each others throats just because we see the league winning emotions differently.
    But I've agreed with jjaflup in the past about the quality of football we've played in this league under RN and for me that continues to be my biggest worry when looking at the big picture. People will say ah but look at the results, which is correct because the results are excellent. However my concern is that we have a team that's good enough to breeze this league when failing to turn in consistently good football performances. I dont believe we'll succeed in getting top 6 unless we start playing better football, because the quality of the opposition will require it. That's not being negative it's just my opinion about the one thing lacking in the toolbox of what we need to be successful next season.
    But we are in a great place and we have for once the luxury of time to address it.
    This is exactly where I am. Great post stokey

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    The quote was "we will look back on fondly as when we got back on track, cracking spirit, results, crowds, derby wins, Shankland, beautiful kit etc"

That's you and the troll but most people agree the smartest home top in years, makes it that bit better that we are doing it in style and no jobby sleeves, I'm pretty certain it will be a fondly remembered, I'll think promotion, 6-2 again, Shankland and all round good time when Utd got back on track after all the rubbish that happened after January 2015
    Okay man, if you think promotion is gonna be all that sweeter because we're doing it in a smart kit then fair enough. But come on, you can't actually call anyone a troll when you spend half your time on here trying to entice that lot next door into yet another crowd debate. Pot & kettle mate, come on. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_209 View Post
    Don't think we have any divine right to be in top half of premier league. I would imagine it is pretty challenging to keep us up there. Jim McLean had us in the top 10 clubs in Europe for a good few years which was a miracle really.

Yeah we are a bigger club than Killie or Motherwell but not by enough to guarantee finishing above them. One bad managerial appointment or player sales can easily see a club like us down there battling relegation.

Not sure what our bigger budget to clubs like that gives us in terms of players, maybe one or two more?

We should have done better the previous 2 seasons as I am sure we spent way more than other Chamionship clubs. Really needed players who were winners tho which we thankfully now have. The improvement on and off the park over the last year has been remarkable. We now have a very professionally run club, even someone like our fitness coach has worked with Scotland and England rugby union teams. From what I have heard our youths coach is also highly regarded. Also seem like Tony Asghar is doing well in bringing in players like Dillon Powers etc

I am personally thoroughly enjoying this season, a unique one in our history. I've seen Utd win the league, beat Barca etc. Has been really amazing watching a striker like Shankland also, need to go back to Peter McKay to find someone with a comparable strike rate.

I also believe we will strenghten in the summer. We have been really lucky to get somene like Mark Ogren on board.

Great time to be an Arab.

P.S. Was very considerate of Dundee to get relegated and join us this season also. Has made it way more enjoyable
    Excellent post, exactly how I feel too. There's nothing but positivity around the club right now and it is indeed a great time to be an Arab. **** this negative nonsense and harping on about how **** the last few years have been. Those years, just like the McLean years, are consigned to history and all that matters is the here and now ( and the future of course) I will celebrate wildly when we win the title, that's for damn sure! Anyone finding this season worth complaining about needs to find something else to do on Saturdays.

Don't think we have any divine right to be in top half of premier league. I would imagine it is pretty challenging to keep us up there. Jim McLean had us in the top 10 clubs in Europe for a good few years which was a miracle really.

Yeah we are a bigger club than Killie or Motherwell but not by enough to guarantee finishing above them. One bad managerial appointment or player sales can easily see a club like us down there battling relegation.

Not sure what our bigger budget to clubs like that gives us in terms of players, maybe one or two more?

We should have done better the previous 2 seasons as I am sure we spent way more than other Chamionship clubs. Really needed players who were winners tho which we thankfully now have. The improvement on and off the park over the last year has been remarkable. We now have a very professionally run club, even someone like our fitness coach has worked with Scotland and England rugby union teams. From what I have heard our youths coach is also highly regarded. Also seem like Tony Asghar is doing well in bringing in players like Dillon Powers etc

I am personally thoroughly enjoying this season, a unique one in our history. I've seen Utd win the league, beat Barca etc. Has been really amazing watching a striker like Shankland also, need to go back to Peter McKay to find someone with a comparable strike rate.

I also believe we will strenghten in the summer. We have been really lucky to get somene like Mark Ogren on board.

P.S. Was very considerate of Dundee to get relegated and join us this season also. Has made it way more enjoyable
    Sums it up quite well for me too.

Excellent post and I'm sure most Arabs will agree.

One of the very best posts i have ever read on this board,WASC with a FACT.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)