+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The eco-loons strike again.

- am gonna bottle me some C02 - reckon if I put one in every room of the house it'll be toasty warm and heating bills will be a thing of the past....so what if they say that C02 can only retain Heat For 0.0001 Seconds - that its only 0.04% of the total Atmosphere - and because its limited on the frequencies it can absorb - it cant re-radiate enogh heat to warm the planet......ha, and they think that'll stop me believing in my bottle heaters - what do they think I am...a Loon ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Yes but you firemen have a vested interest.

If there were no fires, which burn up loads of fossil things, then you would be out of a job.

Stands to reason.

I've sussed you.
    If there hadn't been any fires, my snooker would have been a lot better.

"Domestic coal and certain types of wood are to be banned from sale from next year in a bid to cut air pollution, ministers will announce on Friday. The Environment Secretary said the move was necessary as wood-burning stoves and open fires were now considered "the most harmful pollutant" affecting people in this country. The announcement comes just weeks after a ban on the sale of new diesel, petrol and hybrid cars from 2035 was announced. It is also expected that the 10-year freeze on fuel duty will end next year under plans that could be set out as soon as next month's budget. The government is keen to be seen at the forefront of global efforts to tackle climate change and air pollution."

Jesus fecking wept, more utterly pointless virtue signalling drivel, the only thing this government is at the forefront of is global eco-lunacy.

Sinkov trust me this is bollox.

I lived on and off in Cumbria for ten years. Half of the homes have no natural gas supply.

They use Calor Gas, electric, paraffin, solid smokeless fuel and "dry wood". Have any of these cretins in the Home Office ever tried heating their home with "wet" wood? FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sinkov trust me this is bollox.

I lived on and off in Cumbria for ten years. Half of the homes have no natural gas supply.

They use Calor Gas, electric, paraffin, solid smokeless fuel and "dry wood". Have any of these cretins in the Home Office ever tried heating their home with "wet" wood? FFS!
    Course it's bollux BT.
    It's just a quick headline to make it seem like they are taking action.

Just one question...who the hell is expected to police it? Are there going to be flying squads covering the country knocking on doors with the authority to enter your house and inspect your fireplace?

The social care sector is, for me, one of our biggest challenges. Theresa promised a report back in 2016. It never surfaced. Boris told us in the election campaign that "he had a plan" and he would tell us what it was after the election.
    I am still holding my breath.
    Our social care service is shameful and it is not just the elderly that are suffering. Almost half the budget is for people who are of working age who need care (learning difficulties etc)

We have been conned again by the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

The social care sector is, for me, one of our biggest challenges. Theresa promised a report back in 2016. It never surfaced. Boris told us in the election campaign that "he had a plan" and he would tell us what it was after the election.
    I am still holding my breath.
    Our social care service is shameful and it is not just the elderly that are suffering. Almost half the budget is for people who are of working age who need care (learning difficulties etc)

We have been conned again by the Tories.
    Indeed 59, social care is a cash-strapped shambles, it needs billions throwing at it, but while our citizens in need struggle, our government sends £13 billion a year abroad in Foreign Aid.

Last week, as large parts of the country sank under flood water, the Environment Secretary seemed quite pleased with himself because the Tory manifesto pledge was to spend all of £4 billion on flood defences over the next five years. But he didn't mention that over that same five years his government would be sending around £65 billion abroad in Foreign Aid, and if our economy should grow and prosper the amount will actually exceed that, possibly quite considerably.

I would have thought it the duty of any government to prioritise the welfare and safety of it's own citizens above all others, but it seems not. We truly live in a lunatic asylum.

The Postcode Lottery is in full force yet again.

Half of the north of England is under water, where is Boris?

Sitting safe behind the Thames Barrier, without a care in the phooking world.

I'm not quite sure what relevance the whereabouts of Boris has to flood levels in the north of England, he has no more chance than King Canute had of causing the waters to recede. It might delight Kay Burley and all the rest of the 24 hour rolling news muppets to interview Boris in his green wellies in Hebden Bridge or Upton-on-Severn but it serves no useful purpose. Hopefully he's in 10 Downing Street instructing the Environment Agency to stop worrying about biodiversity and wildlife habitats and get busy dredging rivers and building serious flood defences.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm not quite sure what relevance the whereabouts of Boris has to flood levels in the north of England, he has no more chance than King Canute had of causing the waters to recede. It might delight Kay Burley and all the rest of the 24 hour rolling news muppets to interview Boris in his green wellies in Hebden Bridge or Upton-on-Severn but it serves no useful purpose. Hopefully he's in 10 Downing Street instructing the Environment Agency to stop worrying about biodiversity and wildlife habitats and get busy dredging rivers and building serious flood defences.
    Boris is noticeable by his absence on virtually every issue of national importance sinkov. Seems to me he is bunkered for the winter under the duvet at Number 10 with little miss cutie pie? Jammy sod.

Boris has always been known as a good delegator BT, I told one of my lefty friends last year, who was wetting his knickers about him, not to worry about him as PM, he won't get involved much, he'll leave it to others, if you don't trust him, PM is the best position for him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)