+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cheshire Derby -Tuesday night

Cheshire Derby -Tuesday night

We travel the short distance to Macclesfield Town on Tuesday night for our derby game . They have only lost one more game than us so it will not be a walk over plus we have a poor record on there ground. Has any one any idea what state the pitch is in and how many fans we are expecting to travel .

The OS says we've sold over a thousand tickets. Bit disappointing if true as last time we sold out and provided over 50% of the attendance.
    As you may know, I'm a natural pessimist and don't feel any different about Tuesday's game. We do have a poor record against Macc- I've seen us beat them only once, in the Paint pot, but we must win or all the hard work on Saturday will be wasted.
    From all accounts Macc are better this season than previously but we cannot afford to lose too many points against teams in their position.
    A draw for me..2-2

We'll, okay 1-1🙂
    But what an awful game. The first half was the worst I'd seen from them all season. The second half certainly upped the pace and showed more purpose. However, there was little direction. Despite all the possession upto and around the box, there was little in the way of incisive passing within the box. The goalkeeper had one really testing moment where he palmed the ball into his own bar, other than that he wasn't tested until the goal. We finished the game registering only 1 shot on target.
    The pitch was a little bumpy but shouldn't have resulted in such a shambles of a game.
    One more thing: who were those idiots behind the goal, esp the one who chucked another flare onto the pitch? We don't need idiots associating with our club. Spoilt the whole fact that, once again, we provided more than 50% of the gate.

The first half was the worst I have seen our squad play this season . Aimless long balls that did not reach the forward, short passes that went to the opposition. Surprisingly their pitch is one of the largest in Div 2 and we could not cover it properly. The first half was one to forget. We cannot rely on Artels half time *******ings to get the team going . Yes we were a 100% better in the second half but that could be partially down to Macclesfield not having a manager until the day of the game and possibly not training correctly so they tired early and this allowed us back into the game, We still only registered one shot on goal and it took putting Nottingham up front for the last few moments of the game to unnerve there defence. Macclesfield have now only conceded 9 goals at home all season so they must be something right. All in all 1-1 I will take it but we should have come into this game better focused and with a plan B and C for this game . Artel should have changed personell in the first half as we were never going to score. Many thanks to the Macclesfield goalkeeper for his time wasting which the ref added on and allowed us to score .

I'll take a 1-1 draw, after all that's par for the course when we play at Macc, last season we drew 3-3 but if felt like a loss, this time we got away with a last minute equaliser so that will do, it was important not to lose and we achieved that. It has never been an easy place to go, but we battled away and got a result.

I felt in the first half the players looked tired. The problem with the short game is if we get marked the only other outlet is hoof ball and Chuma is no Porter for that type of ball.
    Bringing on the subs worked and I thought Finney was outstanding. Green had one of those games, he sometimes is brilliant ab=nd sometimes bad and it was one of those nights

I thought the first half was shocking and i think we only had one shot (kirky) in the whole half. They all seemed tired last night and Will wasn't his usual self with his kicking either. There must have been the proverbial kick up the backside at half time because they were a lot better after the break. Finney was excellent and i'm still not sure how he didn't get that penalty. A point gained is a point gained and who knows, it may be the difference between going up, getting in the play offs, or suffering yet more rubbish against league 2 teams next year. Play like we did in the first half and it's not looking good. Play like the second half and we may yet be partying in April.