+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens and the morgue like atmosphere nowadays

The club is dying on its erse because the board have chosen not to engage with fans groups etc as well as treating the fans that go to the Derry like it’s a Boca Juniors V River Plate Derby.

There is no one from the CEO and the board down to the Manager with any charisma whatsoever and our PR is shocking which is down to the CEO.

Engage with the fans properly and things will improve

Do you think anyone at Dens reads this board or the Dark Blues Forum? It should be required reading for all at Dens from the top down. Yes they'll see some over the top reactions and comments but the general trend of posts should be enough to put the wind up them and get some dialogue/cooperation going if they are in any way interested.

Can I also add my delight in seeing that 'Arabdowntheroadsomeplace' is going to stop posting his tripe on this board. Good 'cos reading his rubbish and that of other arab numpties sure puts me off reading this board and I'm sure it does the same to others!

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Do you think anyone at Dens reads this board or the Dark Blues Forum? It should be required reading for all at Dens from the top down. Yes they'll see some over the top reactions and comments but the general trend of posts should be enough to put the wind up them and get some dialogue/cooperation going if they are in any way interested.

Can I also add my delight in seeing that 'Arabdowntheroadsomeplace' is going to stop posting his tripe on this board. Good 'cos reading his rubbish and that of other arab numpties sure puts me off reading this board and I'm sure it does the same to others!
    A lot of times I've seen it suggested or read "it's only a message board a few loonys dosenae represent the wider fan base".

Now I'm no suggesting that anyone who posts here or on dab infested Pravda 😁 is a super fan BUT it's a guid guide to how the wider fan base feel, rarely has this place been out of step with the wider thinking.

Those closest to Nelms either ain't passing on the message or he ain't listening, is it 1 or 2, I'm guessing it's a potent mixture of both.

When evertons crowds dropped to 10 or 11k back in the day they had a sign saying 30000 fans can't be wrong.

We have went from 5500 regulars to less the 1000 on Nelms and those around him watch, we have watched the ground be neglected on their watch, we have watched a succession of lazy stupid appts, we have watched the derry being turned into gods waiting room, we have watched all this go on and accepted it on the promise of a new ground at some non specified date at some point in the future that we won't own and have no idea how it will benefit the club.

There are no questions being asked as there is no place or time to ask those questions.

If a fan of another club was to ask a Dee, what's going on at Dundee, most would shrug and say "No idea" as we are completely in the dark.....and it's wrong.

And I've also heard wee Gordon ain't likely to hang about much longer......true....nae idea.....like everything else at Dens.

great post rros
    will people in positions at our club listen?prob not
    however
    there is a wee glimmer of hope!
    the white dot on the red wallpaper in the boardroom got coloured in,a tiny thing however it took weeks o moaning on here for the felt pen to get into action.

if wanting your team /club to play the best they can with exciting football with more than 1 up front,whilst doing so within a properly cared for stadium is an offence in some peoples eyes then im guilty as charged

we are in the last chance saloon at the moment and as you said not a mumble from those in charge of the club

what the ffccuuk happened to the "not on our watch"brigade,it nigh time the fans found their collective balls and started to ask serious questions

A guy surrounded by yes men, if that is true, usually doesn't do criticism well. There is no hiding that the football team end product, since he took control has just worsened and worsened. If he is out of reach then we will just collapse. I think that is the problem now with regulars. I, as one of them, cannot see him sort it, because first thing would have to be to relieve JMcP and others of their duties. That wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    A guy surrounded by yes men, if that is true, usually doesn't do criticism well. There is no hiding that the football team end product, since he took control has just worsened and worsened. If he is out of reach then we will just collapse. I think that is the problem now with regulars. I, as one of them, cannot see him sort it, because first thing would have to be to relieve JMcP and others of their duties. That wont happen.
    We/nelms got away with fannying around in the top league when the dabs were fannying around in the fizzy but now everything is back in sharp focus and it dosent look good.

Atmosphere, season tics, patg, prospects.....all look worse than when they took over.

What's the strategy?

Where's the planning?

What's the target/objective?

Where's the engagement?

It goes beyond jmcp imho.....that dosent make him the right man but it goes beyond him.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    thats all fine and well islay,but if our board dont start to engage with the fans and i mean the rank and file fans not the ones who are eggshell walkers then this club of ours is finished,
    people should be asking themselves,how and why have the attendances/atmosphere etc vanished
    I agree with everything that you say but the problem is that the Baird of directors have no regular meetings.
    The Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2019 are due to published in the next month or so.
    If they are bad then no doubt John Nelms will be asking the Dundee supporters to renew their season ticket no matter what league we are playing in next season.
    John Nelms should be holding out an olive branch to Dundee supporters and season ticket holders, announcing that season ticket prices, Match day tickets and PATG prices will be reduced if we fail to gain promotion at the end of this season to Championship prices level.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We/nelms got away with fannying around in the top league when the dabs were fannying around in the fizzy but now everything is back in sharp focus and it dosent look good.

Atmosphere, season tics, patg, prospects.....all look worse than when they took over.

What's the strategy?

Where's the planning?

What's the target/objective?

Where's the engagement?

It goes beyond jmcp imho.....that dosent make him the right man but it goes beyond him.
    I recently read that there was talk of trying to fill the South Enclosure to capacity for one home game.
    However I would suggest that if the Dundee fans want to express their views to John Nelms they should sit in the Main Stand at the next home game where John Nelms sitting in the Directors Box will soon hear their complaints.

sitting in the main stand and voicing opinions in JN's direction will achieve nothing islay,he has already had a few major ear blastings this season

he simply has to start engaging with the fans now.
    Last edited by shaded; 22-01-2020 at 11:07 AM.

The only person that can reverse our decline and apathy is Tim Keyes and seeing what’s happening under his pal
    The answer is not just spending cash it’s getting a feel good momentum back into the club again.

I’m getting past the angry stage and it’s quickly heading towards apathy.

I was at the Well game and will be there Friday but North End Park beckons if Keyes doesn’t engage with the fans soon.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)