+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dens and the morgue like atmosphere nowadays

It's more than the manager, more than the ****hole surroundings and more than Nelms and other staff but they are the ones who can start to reverse it, it will be like trying to turn the titanic around but only they can start it.

A couple of wins or making/winning the playoffs although it helps it changes nothing as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest I'd rather win the fans hearts back than win the playoffs.

I'm at the darker side of the permission scale but **** me this has been coming for years and we (the club) do the same things and make the same errors year after year after no matter how many fans reps, supporters liaison people, dfcss meetings there seems to be the same **** occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    sitting in the main stand and voicing opinions in JN's direction will achieve nothing islay,he has already had a few major ear blastings this season

he simply has to start engaging with the fans now.
    Only just started reading this thread. Agree with you Shaded. Filling up the Derry is all about supporting the players and the manager to try to help them play with more confidence and win more games at Dens. If you want to let john Nelms know how you feel then use topics like this to express your concerns. I'd be surprised if he replied but perhaps there could be something put out on the official website that addressed some of the issues raised.

the thing is i doubt anyone will point the finger if he starts to involve himself with the fans,as rros its a multitude of things
    but one sure thing,if he continues to disengage himself then nothing at all will improve.

fffnnnnn groundhog day cc rros

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's more than the manager, more than the ****hole surroundings and more than Nelms and other staff but they are the ones who can start to reverse it, it will be like trying to turn the titanic around but only they can start it.

A couple of wins or making/winning the playoffs although it helps it changes nothing as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest I'd rather win the fans hearts back than win the playoffs.

I'm at the darker side of the permission scale but **** me this has been coming for years and we (the club) do the same things and make the same errors year after year after no matter how many fans reps, supporters liaison people, dfcss meetings there seems to be the same **** occurs.
    Rross, great post. I'm coming to the view that maybe we need to just ignore "them" and just go ahead and demonstrate that there are good ideas to help boost the support for our club. I think we should start a campaign on all the social media sites to try to get PATG fans to buy their ticket for a specific game. We don't need official permission to do that, and if it was successful, particularly if there was an early indication that the Derry was sold out, the idea could move to the Bobby Cox stand.

SHADED can you pick a game?

We want to show our team that we support them and it might demonstrate the power that an active engagement with social media by the club could bring benefits.

Regarding the problem of pricing for next season, I think the club should price the tickets as though they were still in the championship. It's what they did when they went up last time and there was a boost in numbers when we won the league. It would be a gesture that showed that the Early Bird prices were set too high, last year, because there was an expectation that when they were set we would avoid relegation and still be in the top flight. It would be a swings and roundabouts effect for ST holders in that they would be paying championship prices for SPFL matches, if we got promoted,as a compensation for the SPFL prices that they paid for this season's Championship matches.

I enclosed the preview of tomorrow night’s game at Dunfermline on the club website. https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dunfermline-match-preview/
    The admission prices are;
    Adults £20
    Concessions (over 60’s, under 18’s, Student, unemployed, disabled) £14
    Under £6
    At Dens the admission prices are Adults £24 and Concessions £16. I do not know what price we charge for Under 12’s who are unaccompanied and not sitting with an adult in the Bobby Cox Stand.
    Our admission prices should be the same as Dunfermline’s but instead the non season ticket holders are being fleeced by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Rross, great post. I'm coming to the view that maybe we need to just ignore "them" and just go ahead and demonstrate that there are good ideas to help boost the support for our club. I think we should start a campaign on all the social media sites to try to get PATG fans to buy their ticket for a specific game. We don't need official permission to do that, and if it was successful, particularly if there was an early indication that the Derry was sold out, the idea could move to the Bobby Cox stand.

SHADED can you pick a game?

We want to show our team that we support them and it might demonstrate the power that an active engagement with social media by the club could bring benefits.

Regarding the problem of pricing for next season, I think the club should price the tickets as though they were still in the championship. It's what they did when they went up last time and there was a boost in numbers when we won the league. It would be a gesture that showed that the Early Bird prices were set too high, last year, because there was an expectation that when they were set we would avoid relegation and still be in the top flight. It would be a swings and roundabouts effect for ST holders in that they would be paying championship prices for SPFL matches, if we got promoted,as a compensation for the SPFL prices that they paid for this season's Championship matches.
    In my opinion John Nelms is just like politicians.
    Politicians are only interested in their constituents when there is an election coming up as they need their votes. John Nelms is only interested in the Dundee supporters when the season ticket prices are announced for the next season and he needs as many season tickets sold as possible to pay his extravagant salary.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Politicians are only interested in their constituents when there is an election coming up as they need their votes. John Nelms is only interested in the Dundee supporters when the season ticket prices are announced for the next season and he needs as many season tickets sold as possible to pay his extravagant salary.
    Nail struck firmly on the head.

I enclosed the preview of tomorrow night’s game at Dunfermline on the club website. https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dunfermline-match-preview/
    The admission prices are;
    Adults £20
    Concessions (over 60’s, under 18’s, Student, unemployed, disabled) £14
    Under £6
    At Dens the admission prices are Adults £24 and Concessions £16. I do not know what price we charge for Under 12’s who are unaccompanied and not sitting with an adult in the Bobby Cox Stand.
    Our admission prices should be the same as Dunfermline’s but instead the non season ticket holders are being fleeced by the club.
    Maybe be 3000 3500 pars fans the morrow but all be sitting roughly together and they will create a natural atmosphere, exactly the set up we should have at Dens.

It's not unlike our ground, main stand with unused enclosure underneath, 2 big stands behind each goal and small covered terrace down the side BUT they only use half of it or a third of it and house their support together.....exactly how we would be if we used Shankly.

I bet they score more goals shooting towards that goal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Nail struck firmly on the head.
    Serious question you have been closer than most.....in your opinion is it possible Nelms will change his approach?

Islay, there is no point in trying to bring John Nelms into the equation, IMO. We need direct action and in my opinion if the fans organise a decent turnout at a home game, it will be noted. We need to use all our social media contacts and just go for it. A success would surely bring some interest from local media companies. I think Tim Keyes might well get a report. If we don't talk to Nelms he won't be able to claim that he was part of the idea.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)