+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens and the morgue like atmosphere nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We/nelms got away with fannying around in the top league when the dabs were fannying around in the fizzy but now everything is back in sharp focus and it dosent look good.

Atmosphere, season tics, patg, prospects.....all look worse than when they took over.

What's the strategy?

Where's the planning?

What's the target/objective?

Where's the engagement?

It goes beyond jmcp imho.....that dosent make him the right man but it goes beyond him.
    It certainly does. As the original post rightly states, it starts with the CEO. Probably the main culprit. McPake is just a rabbit in the lights.
    Last edited by parcbara; 22-01-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Apathy is a very dangerous thing when it comes to football fans, Shuntz, but I’m getting to that point too. It’s unbelievable how oblivious the powers-that-be at Dens appear to be to our current predicament though. In 30-odd years of going to Dens, I’ve never experienced the malaise currently engulfing the whole club; DFC diehards are walking away in their droves, season ticket holders are choosing not to attend matches, the ‘stadium’ is falling to bits and no one in a position to do anything about it seems to give a phuck.

Personally, it’s become such a chore going to Dens, I’m up for anything that improves the match-day experience and if that means a packed Derry in full voice, I’m prepared to donate my season ticket in the Coxy to anyone who wants it and pay again to get into the Derry. Anything but this current phucking debacle is surely progress.

pretty much seeing the same as shuntz and dr72
    now im guessing thats atleast 140 years of attending dundee games between us and i know plenty other dees who have had enough and most of the people iv spoken to have a moan list with apathy/no engaging with the fans/hating the 1 up top and shoddieness of the ground right at the top.

as rros said earlier in the week not a whisper has been heard about the low attendance on saturday from the board

the finger is miles off the pulse in the boardroom
    Last edited by shaded; 22-01-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    The only person that can reverse our decline and apathy is Tim Keyes and seeing what’s happening under his pal
    The answer is not just spending cash it’s getting a feel good momentum back into the club again.

I’m getting past the angry stage and it’s quickly heading towards apathy.

I was at the Well game and will be there Friday but North End Park beckons if Keyes doesn’t engage with the fans soon.
    Exactly.....it isn't all about spending cash......it's what Motherwell fc had on Saturday at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    The only person that can reverse our decline and apathy is Tim Keyes and seeing what’s happening under his pal
    The answer is not just spending cash it’s getting a feel good momentum back into the club again.

I’m getting past the angry stage and it’s quickly heading towards apathy.

I was at the Well game and will be there Friday but North End Park beckons if Keyes doesn’t engage with the fans soon.
    I think you will be visiting North End Park fairly soon as Nelms does not appear to be willing to engage and speak to the Dundee fans.

Surely the supporters clubs and possibly even the dfcss can't be happy with the state of the club?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Surely the supporters clubs and possibly even the dfcss can't be happy with the state of the club?
    Honestly........I don't think they are that fussed.

Very few get that upset about things now.

There wasn't one, not one shout about anything much in the cup game, folk shrug, trudge out and go home, some come back for more, some don't.

DFC and Dens Park is a a passionless souless place Eric and if we shut tomorrow I don't think that many would be that bothered, sad maybe but bothered no.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Honestly........I don't think they are that fussed.

Very few get that upset about things now.

There wasn't one, not one shout about anything much in the cup game, folk shrug, trudge out and go home, some come back for more, some don't.

DFC and Dens Park is a a passionless souless place Eric and if we shut tomorrow I don't think that many would be that bothered, sad maybe but bothered no.
    Don't think that is the case if I'm honest. Think many fans myself included are pissed off by nelms and his lack of fitba knowledge and terrible connection to the fans.

But many fans can still see the backing the yanks are still providing.
    What's the options?.
    1.Status quo in the hope of going up via play offs(no guarantee we reach them).
    2.Nelms changes his ways _ unlikely
    3.Yanks leave-disaster

The new stadium is also a strange one, is it happening? If not, why not.
    If this project was to start that would help appeas the fans as its the only way we can move forward imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Don't think that is the case if I'm honest. Think many fans myself included are pissed off by nelms and his lack of fitba knowledge and terrible connection to the fans.

But many fans can still see the backing the yanks are still providing.
    What's the options?.
    1.Status quo in the hope of going up via play offs(no guarantee we reach them).
    2.Nelms changes his ways _ unlikely
    3.Yanks leave-disaster

The new stadium is also a strange one, is it happening? If not, why not.
    If this project was to start that would help appeas the fans as its the only way we can move forward imo.
    eric i dont think JN has any other option other than to start changing his ways,he has to start to engage the fans,loosing people off the gate by the thousands now(going by the cup game)i cant recall a lower crowd at dens in my lifetime,your no much younger than me so it must be the same for you.

needs sorted and pronto style,imo the next few weeks will tell everyone which direction we as a club are heading

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    eric i dont think JN has any other option other than to start changing his ways,he has to start to engage the fans,loosing people off the gate by the thousands now(going by the cup game)i cant recall a lower crowd at dens in my lifetime,your no much younger than me so it must be the same for you.

needs sorted and pronto style,imo the next few weeks will tell everyone which direction we as a club are heading
    There was a pre season friendly at Dens on 3rd August 1991 against Wimbledon where the attendance was published as 725.
    From memory I think this was when the Dundee supporters were trying to get rid of Angus Cook who was the Chairman and majority owner of Dundee FC.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)