+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Roberts

Clark clearly rates him highly. Seems a very promising signing.

“We are all very disappointed, we’re gutted because he was exceptional for us.

“He came and showed a brilliant attitude, didn’t think he was above the league, he gelled with the players very quickly, they liked him, he liked them.

“As you saw on the pitch he delivered, he worked really hard for the group, scored some crucial goals and made some crucial goals.

“We’re all really disappointed because we’ve lost a terrific player and one who will be remembered even though it was a short period.

“He’ll be remembered with glowing references by the fans for what he achieved at Blyth but we’ve just got to move on that’s football.

“When you’re working at the level you are and have quality players it is difficult to keep them at your club.

“We’ve just got to move on, stick together, the team are starting to show a bit of consistency now and look strong. "

http://www.blythspartans.com/intervi...rts-departure/

Nice personal message he left for the Blyth fans too...

Name:  EOvlrLtVUAA8hdB.jpg
Views: 1680
Size:  90.0 KB

...and I hope this fan is right!

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  11.5 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-01-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Good profile this , young but not too young at 22. Ex Prem league youth, but has playing experience at Non League level and in good form this season. Should be hungry for success with Notts.

If we are going to pay a fee for a player this is the sort of player I hope we sign. Always a gamble but why not? His stats must have impressed the owners and performances impressed the scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Good profile this , young but not too young at 22. Ex Prem league youth, but has playing experience at Non League level and in good form this season. Should be hungry for success with Notts.

If we are going to pay a fee for a player this is the sort of player I hope we sign. Always a gamble but why not? His stats must have impressed the owners and performances impressed the scouts.
    and the fans...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  11.5 KB

Welcome interview with CR37 on PiesPlayer

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...igning-201020/

This one has the Reedtz brothers' Football Radar written all over it. No indication of any other club sniffing around and the player is delighted to be here. Just the sort of talent we need to put the wind up the enemy before battle is joined, him on one side and Enzio on t'other. If Ardley had any say in this then I have to say well done to him too.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    This one has the Reedtz brothers' Football Radar written all over it. No indication of any other club sniffing around and the player is delighted to be here. Just the sort of talent we need to put the wind up the enemy before battle is joined, him on one side and Enzio on t'other. If Ardley had any say in this then I have to say well done to him too.
    Really?

This is what the local press have reported

'The goal-scoring winger completed a move to the Conference Premier side on Monday despite attracting attention from EFL sides.'

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Really?

This is what the local press have reported

'The goal-scoring winger completed a move to the Conference Premier side on Monday despite attracting attention from EFL sides.'
    A bit I missed there from the EP.

"Despite being on trial at several clubs in the summer, Roberts ended up at Blyth where he has excelled leading him to be watched by several clubs."

Love this comment on Twitter.

"You'll soon realise you've just signed a player who could nutmeg a mermaid. Top signing. Gutted he's left but wish him, and you lot, all the best."

Excellent signing and some very complimentary comments about Notts from Lee Clark!

“I understand the reason he’s chosen Notts County because they are a club that’s probably in the wrong division.

“Now they are under new ownership, they look like they are on a sound foot now. It could be a club which goes up through the leagues very quickly, possibly Championship level.

“It’s a huge football club, it’s got great support even for the level they are at at the moment they still get good crowds and obviously it’s got a lot of history.

“I understand the reasons for going to that type of club but I still think for the level above he’s too good for that as well and hopefully he goes to Notts County and proves that.”

Hope Ardley doesn't suppress this lads obvious talent

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast