+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Roberts

...amazing that some on here seem to think we are the non league Man City. We have the driving mid-fielder; his name is O'Brien and he's currently injured. The team are coping well without him at the moment. That's what you do when you have limited resources. As for the new signing, I can see the moaners ready to pounce on NA if he isn't selected. Adjusting to a new club normally takes more than 5 days, both from a football and personal point of view. Maybe he gets a kick for 20 minutes from the bench ...

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Imo there are two absolute musts in this world:

All new signings must start, straight into that starting XI.

Hogan must pose.

It's that simple, he must start immediately Neal, don't let us down
    Shields would be my guess. If we were in patchy form, you would potentially throw him in but when undefeated for so long, and with a manager who traditionally doesn't like change , surely the subs bench is more appropriate after less than a week at the club?
    eh!

You would hope so....the fear is that he would be played out wide instead of dropping Rose.

It's probably unwarranted given the recent run of results but I'm sure we can dominate and win games easier than we are doing currently. Just moving the whole team 5 yards further up the pitch would create better chances, if by only being able to press higher and win the ball back earlier than what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ...amazing that some on here seem to think we are the non league Man City. We have the driving mid-fielder; his name is O'Brien and he's currently injured. The team are coping well without him at the moment. That's what you do when you have limited resources. As for the new signing, I can see the moaners ready to pounce on NA if he isn't selected. Adjusting to a new club normally takes more than 5 days, both from a football and personal point of view. Maybe he gets a kick for 20 minutes from the bench ...
    Oh I thought the earlier comments were said tongue in cheek as a wind up, bit of banter as they say?

Surely nobody will have a pop at the manager if the new young signing doesn't start on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ...As for the new signing, I can see the moaners ready to pounce on NA if he isn't selected. Adjusting to a new club normally takes more than 5 days, both from a football and personal point of view. Maybe he gets a kick for 20 minutes from the bench ...
    The only moaner on here is you. The only person who has said he must start is laddo (clearly as a piss take, and reasonably amusing)

Time to get a sense of humour. Or make sure your monotonous agenda is at least a bit accurate.

Oh I thought the earlier comments were said tongue in cheek as a wind up, bit of banter as they say?

Surely nobody will have a pop at the manager if the new young signing doesn't start on Saturday?
    IF he doesn't play and IF we lose, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    So, who will soon be leaving?
    If you mean now then Shields.

In the summer I think Enzio could leave with just 1 year left on his contract. If someone is prepared to pay money then I think Notts would accept it to recover some of their outgoings.

The new lad Roberts is clearly ambitious and wants to play in the Premier league. The club do need to make a profit on some players at least. If he is the real deal ( or nearly so ) then I think the club might let him go with again 1 year (end of 20/21 season) on his contract.

I'd like to think he and Enzio would both stay but this is Notts and we will need the money.

Of course, it is possible that he won't be as good as we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If you mean now then Shields.

In the summer I think Enzio could leave with just 1 year left on his contract. If someone is prepared to pay money then I think Notts would accept it to recover some of their outgoings.

The new lad Roberts is clearly ambitious and wants to play in the Premier league. The club do need to make a profit on some players at least. If he is the real deal ( or nearly so ) then I think the club might let him go with again 1 year (end of 20/21 season) on his contract.

I'd like to think he and Enzio would both stay but this is Notts and we will need the money.

Of course, it is possible that he won't be as good as we hope.
    Why do you think Notts will need the money? Have the Reedtz shown any sign of being skint?

I can't imagine this new lad was bought with loose change found down back of the settee and Ardley is still looking at another.

We are having two new scoreboards fitted and they aren't coming from Aldi.

I don't think we'll see our owners walking to the ground with their arses hanging out of their ripped trousers any time in the near future.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 21-01-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Good signing by the looks of it, best of luck Cal.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast