+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Cal Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I guess you may not have spotted that "this post" is a link. Can't say I blame you given that this system seems to render links without any kind of highlighting. I think the article (at https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/01/ex-...castle-united/) speaks for itself, although it's interesting to scroll down to the comments where Newcastle fans vent on the inadequacies of their loan system and, in particular, its lack of support for youngsters out on loan.
    Sorry but on my laptop it just ended with "this post " and no link whatsoever. Maybe it's my device?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Sorry but on my laptop it just ended with "this post " and no link whatsoever. Maybe it's my device?

Here you go, Nav.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/01/ex-...castle-united/

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Cheers Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Maybe but what role does he want? He's not playing out of position and has been disappointing for most of the season. I believe Injuries to other midfielder's have helped him stay in the side.
    Agree with you that he has been disappointing this season - although he has put in a few great performances (Woking, Halifax spring to mind). Even last season it was clear that he isn’t a good passer and he is at his best when he runs with the ball. I thought he was excellent at right back last season and wouldn’t mind him there again, especially if JOB can come in and give us more drive in the centre of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Agree with you that he has been disappointing this season - although he has put in a few great performances (Woking, Halifax spring to mind). Even last season it was clear that he isn’t a good passer and he is at his best when he runs with the ball. I thought he was excellent at right back last season and wouldn’t mind him there again, especially if JOB can come in and give us more drive in the centre of the park.
    Agreed, I think Rose is a far better RB than CM. Though unfortunately we’ve got far more options for the former than the latter.

Back on the subject of Cal “Nutmeg a mermaid” Roberts, wouldn’t it be fantastic if he turned out to be another winger like Aidy Thorpe, Dave Smith and John Chiedozie - someone who can get you out of your seat whenever he gets the ball (and not to head for the exit, like almost all of our wingers over the past decade). Who would people say our last great winger was? Tom Ince? Jack Grealish? Steve Carter?

Anyone who reminds me of Dave Smith, is alright by me. That season in the early 90s he was a dream to watch. Class winger

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I wouldn’t drop him either. And agree NA doesn’t appear to be getting the best from him.

But, the stats also suggest Osbourne isn’t as bad as you thought, agree chap?
    Not sure I ever said he was a bad player, just that Ardley was leaving him out for a reason and that reason was the same thing Steve Chettle had said about him. He makes too many basic mistakes on the pitch and we've seen evidence of that a few times where he's not passed it, or took an bad shot to kill an attack and he's had his fair share of quiet games (even games that he's got an assist in). We've also seen the promise thats there at times but I stand by the amount of playing time Ardley has given him to be fair and I imagine he has no regrets either, he's not the finished product but he definitely has his place in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Back on the subject of Cal “Nutmeg a mermaid” Roberts, wouldn’t it be fantastic if he turned out to be another winger like Aidy Thorpe, Dave Smith and John Chiedozie - someone who can get you out of your seat whenever he gets the ball (and not to head for the exit, like almost all of our wingers over the past decade). Who would people say our last great winger was? Tom Ince? Jack Grealish? Steve Carter?
    Stevie Carter was the best winger I've seen play in the black & white....the amount of left back's that used to get booked for trying to take him out....remember him running Sammy Nelson ragged in the FA Cup v Arsenal back in 1977!
    Pure class!!

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Stevie Carter was the best winger I've seen play in the black & white....the amount of left back's that used to get booked for trying to take him out....remember him running Sammy Nelson ragged in the FA Cup v Arsenal back in 1977!
    Pure class!!
    My favourite player I have seen.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast