+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    The only moaner on here is you. The only person who has said he must start is laddo (clearly as a piss take, and reasonably amusing)

Time to get a sense of humour. Or make sure your monotonous agenda is at least a bit accurate.
    Whoa whoa whoa, slow down Don. I was just following on from Laxton Lad's comment that he must start. I assumed he was saying it tongue in cheek, and just double downed.

Hopefully we don't lose so we never get to find out, but if we are defeated personally I'd love it if someone seriously suggested that the manager should of started the new signing straight away regardless of the unbeaten run.

NCM can twist any news story relating to the club however it wants so easily, you can't take it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, slow down Don. I was just following on from Laxton Lad's comment that he must start. I assumed he was saying it tongue in cheek, and just double downed.

Hopefully we don't lose so we never get to find out, but if we are defeated personally I'd love it if someone seriously suggested that the manager should of started the new signing straight away regardless of the unbeaten run.

NCM can twist any news story relating to the club however it wants so easily, you can't take it too seriously.
    'Ere, 'ere, 'ere! I didn't say he MUST start, that was you, I did say he SHOULD start but that was because of the hype and if he didn't then it might be a bit of a let-down.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Why do you think Notts will need the money? Have the Reedtz shown any sign of being skint?

I can't imagine this new lad was bought with loose change found down back of the settee and Ardley is still looking at another.

We are having two new scoreboards fitted and they aren't coming from Aldi.

I don't think we'll see our owners walking to the ground with their arses hanging out of their ripped trousers any time in the near future.
    Maybe I have misread this article from the official club site 23rd November.

We are delighted to announce that, thanks to the generosity of both Lifeline and Notts County Official Supporters’ Association, two new scoreboards will be installed at Meadow Lane in January next year.
    The old scoreboard on the Haydn Green Family Stand, which has been out of action for some time, will be replaced with a new Lifeline-funded board, while the second new addition to Meadow Lane is going to be positioned centrally on the Air-IT Kop and donated by the OSA.

I took this to mean that without the OSA & Lifeline then we wouldn't be having a scoreboard (never mind 2)

As for money, Notts have struggled for a very, very long time.

Prior to the Trust there was financial mismanagement.

The Trust suffered through lack of money.
    Munto didn't have any money.
    Ray Trew was not prepared to put in any more money.
    Alan Hardy ran out of money.

It has already been suggested on this site (unsubstantiated I know) that the club are running £50k a month over budget.

Running a football club is always going to cost the owners (any owners) a lot of money.
    5000 fans paying an average of say £10/£12 each for 23 matches a year is not going to keep us afloat, even in this league.

So yes money is a problem for Notts. I seem to recall it was said that the new owners wanted to run a different business model. Was Brentford mentioned? So if that means we have to occasionally sell someone we like then I will live with that. Especially if it means we keep our new owners at the club for a very long time.

Unless of course we can double our attendances or be prepared to pay twice the price for our tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    'Ere, 'ere, 'ere! I didn't say he MUST start, that was you, I did say he SHOULD start but that was because of the hype and if he didn't then it might be a bit of a let-down.
    Oh so you were being serious, my mistake I thought you were joking with the 5 days at the club comment.

It can't come as much of a let down when there was no talk of it, nobody had heard of him and it came completely out of the blue for us fans and was a nice surprise.

Personally I'd be surprised, players often thrown into starting line up when desperate, when in bad form. Much more common for a new signing to be bled in slowly, and make appearances off the bench first. Especially when we are in such good form. Wouldn't complain either way but I'm sure some will jump in quick sharp if we don't win.

Standard

How long was it that we didn't think there was a problem with money for the last owner? And then all of sudden..... skint, administration, desperate to sell the club.

I've no idea how much they have, just hope they run the club in as sustainable a manner as you can with a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Good profile this , young but not too young at 22. Ex Prem league youth, but has playing experience at Non League level and in good form this season. Should be hungry for success with Notts.

If we are going to pay a fee for a player this is the sort of player I hope we sign. Always a gamble but why not? His stats must have impressed the owners and performances impressed the scouts.
    Yes it looks like we have done our home work on this player. I like the fact that we have picked up someone who has done really well in the league below and can now test themselves at our level. Also the key here is that the player is young enough at 22 to develop and help the club move forward at the same time. It’s what we need to be doing as a club if we are to progress is to pick up players who can improve and get better such that they can move to a higher level with us.

If we ultimately have to sell them or as the case maybe get an offer we can’t refuse then so be it. We did this kind of thing to survive in the Pavis era and to be honest if it means the club becomes financially stronger and more self sustaining then that in the grand scheme of things is a good thing.

At last with signings like Roberts and Wootton it looks like we are going for what players may be able to do for us in the future rather than what they have done for others in the past. This is a good philosophy. Obviously we will always require experienced older players, but too many times it was unbalanced with journeymen and those who were past it and just coming for a last pay day.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    That should be a wake up call for Enzio!
    Shields seems surplus to requirements now imo. Ozzy is a better shout for the other wing.
    Yeah he really needs to start contributing...

Ozzy won't and shouldn't get a look in ahead of Enzio any time soon so he'll now be competing with Roberts for the other wing and if he's anywhere near as good as he's being billed potential wise I think he'll be back to sitting on the bench and we can look forward to more "wheres Osseh?" and "Ardleh hates youf!!" comments on every team selection

I'm not sure, but I think I remember seeing Doyle score a goal?

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think I remember seeing Doyle score a goal?
    https://twitter.com/notts_stats/stat...460577793?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Yeah he really needs to start contributing...

Ozzy won't and shouldn't get a look in ahead of Enzio any time soon so he'll now be competing with Roberts for the other wing and if he's anywhere near as good as he's being billed potential wise I think he'll be back to sitting on the bench and we can look forward to more "wheres Osseh?" and "Ardleh hates youf!!" comments on every team selection
    Shouldn’t there be some form of this as a proportion of games played or minutes on pitch? Otherwise surely those who’ve played more will skew the analysis considerably.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast