+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Cal Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Not sure I ever said he was a bad player, just that Ardley was leaving him out for a reason and that reason was the same thing Steve Chettle had said about him. He makes too many basic mistakes on the pitch and we've seen evidence of that a few times where he's not passed it, or took an bad shot to kill an attack and he's had his fair share of quiet games (even games that he's got an assist in). We've also seen the promise thats there at times but I stand by the amount of playing time Ardley has given him to be fair and I imagine he has no regrets either, he's not the finished product but he definitely has his place in the squad.
    Just as well we didn't pay 300k for him.

Should we start with Cal Roberts tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Stevie Carter was the best winger I've seen play in the black & white....the amount of left back's that used to get booked for trying to take him out....remember him running Sammy Nelson ragged in the FA Cup v Arsenal back in 1977!
    Pure class!!
    Carter and McCulloch are my two favourite players both wingers but with a slightly different style!

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Hope Ardley doesn't suppress this lads obvious talent
    Now why would he do that? You're talking silly, Gladys.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Should we start with Cal Roberts tomorrow?
    If he's done enough in training to show he's fit and ready then let's hope so! I'm really hoping the opposing team has a mermaid at left back too.

Stevie Carter was the best winger I've seen play in the black & white....the amount of left back's that used to get booked for trying to take him out....remember him running Sammy Nelson ragged in the FA Cup v Arsenal back in 1977!
    Pure class!!
    How Nelson stayed on in that game I will never know. A group of us were taking bets on whether he would actually manage to kit Steve Carter into the stand . He certainly tried

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Carter and McCulloch are my two favourite players both wingers but with a slightly different style!
    How much would either of these be worth in todays market?

How much would either of these be worth in todays market?
    They would’nt be playing non-league football thats for sure

Cal Roberts makes the starting XI at Dagenham.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Cal Roberts makes the starting XI at Dagenham.
    Ardley seemed reasonably pleased with him.

Listened to his interview pre-match, he said something to the effect of the whole club (his impression) was geared towards promotion no matter what, or by whatever means. So if that's the case maybe there's been some management of fan expectations going on but the owners have much greater short-term ambitions than they're letting on.

Good luck to Cal, there's something about strikers with North East accents that's proper old school.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast