+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Dons V motherwell

Let's not teach them the Scottish game.

That'll give us more of a chance of being entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Personally, I'd be indifferent about what nationality the manager is. Besides actually being good at football management, it's massively about having a great understanding of the Scottish game, which most non-Scottish managers do not have and can't simply be taught overnight. That would be my only reservation with venturing down that avenue.
    An understanding that we bend over for Celtic, Rangers and the SFA, we can't be too ambitious for the fear of being chastised by Steven Thomson and failing to be forward thinking for the fear of pissing off multi cultural types like Kirk Broadfoot.

The game up here needs a massive reboot. We really can't carry out the way we have been for the last 30yrs and more.

So let me get this right.

Are there two nationalities (Scottish and foreign)
    Or three nationalities (Scottish, English and foreign)

Scottish, Irish and foreign

Scottish, Irish and foreign
    Aye but was Hayes foreign and McGinn Irish or.....awe forget it.

Personally, I'd be indifferent about what nationality the manager is. Besides actually being good at football management, it's massively about having a great understanding of the Scottish game, which most non-Scottish managers do not have and can't simply be taught overnight. That would be my only reservation with venturing down that avenue.
    This thought process would result in Mark McGhee getting jobs In Scotland over Jurgen Klopp. In fact it would have been a distinct possibility that when Klopp was at Mainz, 95% of chairmen up here would have picked a McGhee or Goodwin over Klopp for your very reason. Shows the complete backwards thinking.

What is there to know anyway? Would José Mourinho struggle at junior level because he doesn’t know the junior game up here?

Fitba is fitba. 11 players each, two goal nets and the objective is always to score more than your opponents. It’s really not rocket science for all professionals who have played the game at a decent level in any country.

The perception that Scottish fitba is different is what holds us back progressing.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011