+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Merkie

The Merkie

As you all know, I’m rarely wrong on matters regarding AFC & in some respects a footballing visionary. For years I’ve said that the Merkie is potentially the best end in British football. It looks like Dave is taking my ideas on board & has emailed the supporters clubs to get in there for the Dumbarton game. Fair f*cks to him but it’s really over to the teuchter squad to make it a success. He’s done his bit.

The Paddock, as us non-Johnny-come-latelys call it, has the potential for atmosphere generation nae doot.

Good they're trying things though.

Ticket bought. Good idea mason.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Ticket bought. Good idea mason.
    Cheers. I dont do it for the the thanks but it’s always nice to hear it. Catch you in there

King Street End

God knows where “Paddock” came from.

About time too.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    The Paddock, as us non-Johnny-come-latelys call it, has the potential for atmosphere generation nae doot.

Good they're trying things though.
    I think you’ll find that it’s the King Street End.

It was bench-seated during the close season in 1971, and the Paddock (a name of quite appalling poovery) was first used on the day we won the Drybrough Cup.

EDIT: I responded before seeing my elderly uncle donsdaft’s response, which is 100% accurate.

Good to read, I'll be buy a ticket for that game in the Merky and suggesting to all my friends to do the same. We need people to turn up and care. The first step in bringing some atmosphere back to our home.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Good to read, I'll be buy a ticket for that game in the Merky and suggesting to all my friends to do the same. We need people to turn up and care. The first step in bringing some atmosphere back to our home.
    You'll need to be quick. Most sections seem sold out. Looks likes seats left in the middle section and a few over next to the main stand.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    You'll need to be quick. Most sections seem sold out. Looks likes seats left in the middle section and a few over next to the main stand.
    No need to worry. They are only selling the middle section first (not sure why the end section is on sale) and will open up other sections as demand requires. Still 300 tickets left in middle section

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast