+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Robbie McCrorie Off To Livingston ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    and you care for them that much you constantly slag the club off at every opportunity and DON’T go to the games. Strange man.

i care for the club enough to see that our board of directors cant take queens any further ,and i never slag of queens the board yes ,slagging of the bod is not slagging of the club ,queens name is all important ,im pist of by how our board are dragging the club down slowly and i care enough to publicly moan about it ,and im defo not the only one that cares in the same way ,give me an example of when iv slagged queens off ??? cant think of any myself i slag of induvidual players that have crap performances yes and rightly so and i slag of the money men at times for leaving queens with a relegation budget which shows i care enough about queens to be angry when these people cant push the team forward .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i care for the club enough to see that our board of directors cant take queens any further ,and i never slag of queens the board yes ,slagging of the bod is not slagging of the club ,queens name is all important ,im pist of by how our board are dragging the club down slowly and i care enough to publicly moan about it ,and im defo not the only one that cares in the same way ,give me an example of when iv slagged queens off ??? cant think of any myself i slag of induvidual players that have crap performances yes and rightly so and i slag of the money men at times for leaving queens with a relegation budget which shows i care enough about queens to be angry when these people cant push the team forward .
    I’m interested to know how much money a year you pump into the club ?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    Care enough that you cannot be bothered attending?

Francis the bottom line is that the club needs investment, - and that can only really come from the supporters.

Sadly, the 'money men' that you refer to do not have a magic money tree that releases extra cash on a whim. The 'money men' have done all they can and more, - yet still you belittle them and as you have quoted "slagged off the BOD," - as if you were entitled to do so!

It would be a different matter if you were coming along to Palmy every other week and giving the club your much needed funds, - but to point the finger at others without lifting a finger to help is simply not cricket...…..nor even is it football!

The BOD, - despite your allegations have transformed the club off the field and made it viable. If you were to walk into the Arena, - you would see the amazing changes that have been achieved and they will ensure that the club survives in the future.

Get yourself along to the club and look at it with a fresh pair of eyes. Yes things could be better, - that can be said of Manchester Utd too, - with all their untold riches, - or nearer to home of Partick Thistle.

Having money to pour into players does not necessarily equal success on the pitch, as has been proved at Palmerston and at almost every other club, - but having just enough to refresh your squad is essential and if you and others could see beyond the negativity things just might happen at your own wee club.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis the bottom line is that the club needs investment, - and that can only really come from the supporters.

Sadly, the 'money men' that you refer to do not have a magic money tree that releases extra cash on a whim. The 'money men' have done all they can and more, - yet still you belittle them and as you have quoted "slagged off the BOD," - as if you were entitled to do so!

It would be a different matter if you were coming along to Palmy every other week and giving the club your much needed funds, - but to point the finger at others without lifting a finger to help is simply not cricket...…..nor even is it football!

The BOD, - despite your allegations have transformed the club off the field and made it viable. If you were to walk into the Arena, - you would see the amazing changes that have been achieved and they will ensure that the club survives in the future.

Get yourself along to the club and look at it with a fresh pair of eyes. Yes things could be better, - that can be said of Manchester Utd too, - with all their untold riches, - or nearer to home of Partick Thistle.

Having money to pour into players does not necessarily equal success on the pitch, as has been proved at Palmerston and at almost every other club, - but having just enough to refresh your squad is essential and if you and others could see beyond the negativity things just might happen at your own wee club.

Absolutely brilliant Jardi.

Very articulately stated Jardi.

Is it not about time we stopped all the agro and concentrated on supporting our team. We know things are far from perfect but name me one team that is run perfectly,even Barca has problems.
    Get behind the team and pray that one of us wins the Euro lottery.

Francis, I understand your frustration, every supporter, myself included, wants the Club to be as successful as possible but we have to be realistic about what is achievable. If you're motivation for supporting a club is guaranteed success and a well full of money to finance it then maybe Queens isn't the Club for you. The BOD haven't got everything right but they are working hard to maintain full time football on a shoestring budget and have to target players accordingly.
    There's a banner on display at home games which says something like For Passion Not Glory, that's what sets supporters of clubs like Queens apart from the glory hunters who jump on the coat tails of the self-preserving biggest two clubs in the country.

The club's run by the secret society. Everything hidden nothing transparent.

What I don't understand is it was said for years prior to the Arena we were scraping by and had to live within our means and we needed another income. Fast forward a few years the Arena is well established making us money yet the same just scraping by applies. I don't get it.

It's been said there are interested businessmen willing to come on board but they won't come near till certain people are no longer involved with the club.

You can't deny that we are missing something which in other years we had even in hard times. There's just a spark missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Francis, I understand your frustration, every supporter, myself included, wants the Club to be as successful as possible but we have to be realistic about what is achievable. If you're motivation for supporting a club is guaranteed success and a well full of money to finance it then maybe Queens isn't the Club for you. The BOD haven't got everything right but they are working hard to maintain full time football on a shoestring budget and have to target players accordingly.
    There's a banner on display at home games which says something like For Passion Not Glory, that's what sets supporters of clubs like Queens apart from the glory hunters who jump on the coat tails of the self-preserving biggest two clubs in the country.

il no bother replying to the others as thay just havnt a clue auld chippy ,thay obviously dont know me too well with there statements about me not putting in my money and time over the years supporting queens as you could prob count with the fingers on your hands the queens fans that still attend that have been to as many queens games as me over the years ,iv grown sick of just boshing along forking out cash that i cant see getting used to move the club forward i didnt mind years ago whan you could turn up on matchday with a tenner or 20 quid and get drunk ,pay to get in ,get your program a pie and bovril having an allround good day ,nowadays to do that youd need well i need around 70 quid to attend a queens game to have a good day so therefor my expectations run alot higher i expect better than whats currently on offer for my cash and im not the only one as theres quite a few prominent what you people would call diehards that have stopped feeding hewitson and co atm ,the big laugh i have with some of these comments is people like jardi and spike and arrol banging on about people not attending as if thayv never been a diehard fan ,the way thay put it across you could have went to every game for 40 or so years but suddenly stop giving your cash to a BOD that you dont see as good then in there eyes youve suddenly like majic never been a queens fan looool i get a good old laugh with this attitude from these guys .

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)