+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester United v Burnley Match Preview

Manchester United v Burnley Match Preview

Just a few short weeks ago the Reds of Manchester were on their way home from Turf Moor having secured a fairly comfortable 2-0 win with goals from Martial and Rashford. Rashford will not be available for the return clash and the Clarets will feel they have a chance to even up the score after their fighting comeback against Leicester on Sunday. In the absence of Rashford I am going to pick out Mason Greenwood as United’s dangerman. I am reliably informed by Warminster Claret that Dwight McNeil will score for Burnley. So could it be 1-1 on the night? A point would be yet another welcome boost to our survival chances. Three points and watching OGS squirm in the post match interview would be almost heaven as it would put another huge dent in United’s hope of Champions League qualification. While Burnley’s spending on new players has been at best modest United have spent heavily on bringing in Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James. They have yet to see much of a return on their investment and it would be most enjoyable if we could heap further embarrassment on them following their humbling defeat at Anfield by arch rivals Liverpool. COYC!

When my water turns a funny colour either Burnley are going to win, or the Guinness takes over and the last proper lot of alcohol I drank was on Sunday.

A famous away win is on the cards methinks.

Attachment 14817

After last nights wins for Villa, Bournemouth and Southampton we need three points tonight!

Don't panic BT.3 points would be nice but I would be more than satisfied with a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Don't panic BT.3 points would be nice but I would be more than satisfied with a draw.
    The more daylight we can get between us and the bottom three, the better barrie.

I have a good feeling about tonight's game.

Man Utd 3 BFC 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When my water turns a funny colour either Burnley are going to win, or the Guinness takes over and the last proper lot of alcohol I drank was on Sunday.

A famous away win is on the cards methinks.

Attachment 14817
    Sounds good to me BT! Did you know that more people die in hospital than die in pubs, therefore, when I feel ill I go to the pub!

It is now 37 PL games since we had a 0-0 draw ---that would do me tonight!

Burnley unbeaten in the PL at old trafford since 2015 - with a weakened United - in a PL racked with inconsistency - this "could" fall to our favor !....but saying that, am less "positive" about this game then I was Lester

J Rod - Proper Goal !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)