+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dale Tonge to Hearts

Dale Tonge to Hearts

Good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Good luck to him
    Did a fair job here when Winkler pyssed off over the hill to Huddersfield .

All the best Dale up there .

The former Barnsley player will once again link up with the manager, having previously coached together at Oakwell.

The 34-year-old came through the ranks at Barnsley, making his professional debut in 2004. He helped the Tykes win promotion from League One before spending six years with Rotherham United then two seasons at Torquay United.

Retiring from playing in 2017, he returned to Barnsley and in February 2019 was brought into the first-team fold by then-manager Daniel as an assistant coach.

The relationship proved successful, with Barnsley winning promotion to the Championship last season, and now the duo will once again work together after Dale penned a deal at Tynecastle Park until the end of the season.

Speaking to heartsfc.co.uk, Dale said: “I’m looking forward to getting stuck in. It’s what I do, it’s what I love doing.

“I’ve obviously had that experience of working with Daniel before and excited to be a part of it, and fortunate enough to be part of a club of this stature. It’s a massive honour for me.

“The game yesterday was as good as I could’ve expected. The style of play, particularly, is how I identify the way Daniel wants to play and what he’s known for. The reward was the result against one of the biggest teams in the league.

“The added bonus for me was seeing the atmosphere, seeing the fans and seeing the stadium, how it was and hopefully how it continues to be.”