+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where do you think we will finish?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you think we will finish?

We are currently predicted to finish somewhere between 5th and 8th based on the season so far. If we avoid another bad spell then no reason that can't push us towards top 3. I'm going with 5th.

Slightly optimistically I have gone for 3rd.
    We have Jim O'Brien back - if he can get through his first 2 or 3 games.
    We have Cal Roberts who "might" ( I hope ) score 5 goals between now and the end of the season.
    That would be 5 more than Shields and 3 or 4 more than Ossie.

Injury free and none of the matchday squad leaving I can't see us not making the play-offs.

I join all those who think we'll get 5th

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I join all those who think we'll get 5th
    So have I.

It would be nice to think we could squeeze into 2nd or 3rd and avoid one playoff game, but I think finishing in the playoffs at all would be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    So have I.

It would be nice to think we could squeeze into 2nd or 3rd and avoid one playoff game, but I think finishing in the playoffs at all would be a good sign.
    It also means that the one game before the final would be at home.
    Less matches and home advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Making the play-offs and not winning them would be worse than not making the play-offs at all because every time we've lost in the play-offs we've then stuck with the manager, suffered the inevitable hangover and then battled relegation, twice going down and the other we had to get Warnock in to turn things around.

We just have to make the play-offs and not approach the games with caution, play to win - get to Wembley - and get promoted. Another season at this level is just too depressing to contemplate, we've already lost around 2k fans on the average gate.
    Have we really lost 2,000 off the gates a match?

If that number is correct, most of it must be away fans as we're topping 5k at every hime match

Could this be the most positive thread ever (at the moment!).

37 votes and not one thinks we will not make the play-offs at least.

Unbelievable Jeff!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Have we really lost 2,000 off the gates a match?

If that number is correct, most of it must be away fans as we're topping 5k at every hime match
    7,357 average last season
    Current average 5.222

So slightly more than 2k.
    Home or away support, they all count, pay their money and fill empty seats. 5k plus is very respectable for teri 5, indeed it's better than what we were getting during Trew's last 18 months, but we'd be seeing healthier crowds in tier 4 and it'll probably get worse if we stay in tier 5.
    Notts track record suggests we will struggle next season if we miss out, we just don't do back to back promotion challenges, not in the last 20 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF THIS POXY LEAGUE...
    Quite enjoyed the league tbh, new players and I've never heard of.

Obviously League football is the aim but being in non league hasn't lessened my match day experience

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Quite enjoyed the league tbh, new players and I've never heard of.

Obviously League football is the aim but being in non league hasn't lessened my match day experience
    I have to agree with you. We were warned that it would be hellish in this league, but really I don't think there's a lot of difference between the National League and League Two. As you mention, the matchday experience isn't diminished at all, a goal is still celebrated with the same enthusiasm it always was. If I'm honest, I'm enjoying this season more than last simply because we're winning more games. Take our six-fingered friends up the A60 as an example - despite very high hopes at the start they are having the sort of nightmare season we suffered last time. I would love to see us become a league club again, but so far the National League is better than I thought it would be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast