+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Again unbelievable match stats.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,492
    thats the one
    i was at it we didnt have a shot on target and at the time they had the worse defensive record in the prem

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,791
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    thats the one
    i was at it we didnt have a shot on target and at the time they had the worse defensive record in the prem
    2nd paragraph, 36th minute Ki Sung-yueng dragged his shot wide.

    https://www.nufc.co.uk/matches/first...tm_medium=link
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 24-01-2020 at 09:48 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,492
    so it wasnt on target?? we had lots of shots as did they but we had none on target

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,791
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    so it wasnt on target?? we had lots of shots as did they but we had none on target
    Exactly and apart from an appeal for a penalty that was the sum total for that particular game.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,492
    and quiet a few more as well
    we had many games under rafa with one maybe 2 shos on goal
    i would say we havent had many games that negative under brucey even without a striker

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    and quiet a few more as well
    we had many games under rafa with one maybe 2 shos on goal
    i would say we havent had many games that negative under brucey even without a striker
    And you would be wrong...

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,492
    how many games under bruce have we had with no shots on target ??

    not many if any
    especially at home against a team with the worse defensive record in the prem at the time and a prolific forward like rondon up front

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    how many games under bruce have we had with no shots on target ??

    not many if any
    especially at home against a team with the worse defensive record in the prem at the time and a prolific forward like rondon up front
    Rondon has never been prolific...he had our best season last year...

    Don't think we've had one game with no shots, but plenty with very little..

    Football last season was dreadful at times, especially first half...but it hasn't improved...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,492
    it has and the points refelect that
    as do the late show goals

    when we are at full strength we play attacking footy with threats of goals all over the team (except up front)

    but its defo better
    but from last season that isnt a great step up or needs to be

    we were awfull to watch last season

    the whole club and feeling around the ground and at games was poisonous

    you had a manager holding a gun to the owners head
    you had fan against fan
    you had piss poor footy

    this season we just have average footy
    but i would settle for that

    the top 3-4 are miles away from us

    it would like be trying to keep up with a speed boat in a canoe

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    it has and the points refelect that
    as do the late show goals

    when we are at full strength we play attacking footy with threats of goals all over the team (except up front)

    but its defo better
    but from last season that isnt a great step up or needs to be

    we were awfull to watch last season

    the whole club and feeling around the ground and at games was poisonous

    you had a manager holding a gun to the owners head
    you had fan against fan
    you had piss poor footy

    this season we just have average footy
    but i would settle for that

    the top 3-4 are miles away from us

    it would like be trying to keep up with a speed boat in a canoe
    I don't think we are talking about the same team to be honest...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •