+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Again unbelievable match stats.

Bruce has not done better than Rafa in terms of how we are playing, but he hasn't done worse either. I like that he's installed a go-getter mentality in the team, though I do think we had a lot of that under Rafa as well - it's the only way we could/can survive.

The problem is at the top of the club and until there's a fundamental change, I can't be neither too criticial or impressed with Bruce I guess.

Nobody has said we are playing well...

Everybody is in agreement...

But there must be some credit for application and motivation...

We have had far better squads/ groups of players, who have just lay down and died before....

I repeat...

I am no fan of Bruce... or the football we are playing... but.. Bruce is not the enemy...

One man is responsible for the situation this club is in...

Meanwhile, a group of players and a journeyman dinosaur of a coach are doing their best to make sure it does not end in disaster...

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post

We have had far better squads/ groups of players, who have just lay down and died before....

I repeat...

I am no fan of Bruce... or the football we are playing... but.. Bruce is not the enemy...

Meanwhile, a group of players and a journeyman dinosaur of a coach are doing their best to make sure it does not end in disaster...
    Fully agree with your comments mate the lads puta shift in yesterday with the exception of Jokelinton and Atsu who were both abysmal

Ritchie got the ball out wide deep and had to just hoof it anywhere. He was screaming at Atsu to run all to no avail.

I would rather play Schar or Lejuene at centre forward than Jokelinton he is terrible man and I think we can completely forget about Carroll

Well all luck runs out eventually.We would all like it to continue but we are all intelligent enough to know it wont.As for Bruce it will be a cold day in hell before I blow smoke up an Ashley "yes" mans aŕse.
    We are an injury to a goalkeeper away from a good hiding in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    To be honest I think Bruce has had little positive / negative impact on the squad . They are playing Benitez methodology , only nowhere near as good .. It's more luck than good judgement the results we are seeing .
    Barring some incredibly lucky results we would be close to bottom , if not bottom .
    I haven't seen a team getting totally out played week in week out , yet snatch a result , like we do.
    It's truly mind boggling .
    It certainly is.

I'm no fan of Bruce...
    I'm no fan of the way we are playing..
    Jesus, I struggle these days to be a fan full stop...

BUT...

I am a fan of team spirit...
    and we have that in abundance...

Pardew had a far better squad at his disposal, but he could not motivate them at all...

Credit where it is due...

Bruce is managing to get a tune out of a guitar with only 2 strings...
    That's a good way of summing up Mick.

under rafa didnt we have some home games with no shots on target ,the fulham at home game comes to mind (they had at the time the worse record for conceiving goals in the prem)

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I wonder when our luck is going to run out.

Some of the official stats for this game are unbelievable.

We had only 2 shots on goal and 2 goals. Lack of attacking is shown by not a single offside.

Pickford didn't have to save a single shot.

Talk about Lady Luck. But if that's what it takes then bring it on.

Having said that wouldn't it be wonderful for the odd occasion to win a game and to be able to honestly say "well we really deserved and earned that"
    there were many games last season when we had 1 may be two shots on target all game
    remember the fulham game when we didnt have a single shot
    and we had a forward then

I repeat...

i have only watched a few games this season due to illness however the games i have watched to a man yhey all work for each other .They hav a shape and a discipline ,even shelvey gets back .

to win a game and draw a game in extra time shows they have a desire as well

i think last season we would have settled for the draw and wouldnt have had a plan b for the drawn game

i dont see much differance in either manager rafa when he came to us was also a journeyman manager as he has shown by going to china

but it is plain to see Bruce is currently getting more from these players

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    under rafa didnt we have some home games with no shots on target ,the fulham at home game comes to mind (they had at the time the worse record for conceiving goals in the prem)
    I presume you mean the home game which finished 0-0

https://www.premierleague.com/match/38485

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)