+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Again unbelievable match stats.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Again unbelievable match stats.

I wonder when our luck is going to run out.

Some of the official stats for this game are unbelievable.

We had only 2 shots on goal and 2 goals. Lack of attacking is shown by not a single offside.

Pickford didn't have to save a single shot.

Talk about Lady Luck. But if that's what it takes then bring it on.

Having said that wouldn't it be wonderful for the odd occasion to win a game and to be able to honestly say "well we really deserved and earned that"

I'm not sure it's all down to luck though, Pat.

The longer this resilient streak goes on, the more you have to think that it is, in part, to the way Bruce sets the team up and has us playing and, for that, he deserves credit. Yes, teams have been profligate against us but, at the same time, we're carrying players like Atsu and Joelinton and have had a shocking run of injuries yet still have 30 points and it can't just be down to luck.

it's like I posted the other day, though...if this is how we are getting points, it begs the question 'is that all that matters?' i think Bruce deserves more (maybe a lot more) credit than he is getting but our football is god-awful to watch and, I agree, will catch up with us sooner or later.

These results are nothing to do with the way we are playing or the way Bruce has us playing.Lets be honest,if it wasnt for Dubravka we would have been out of sight in just about every game we have won.
    It is all down to the players,their attitude and their team spirit.No manager can put that in a player.It is in a players DNA.Look at the attitude of Miggy and that of Joelinton.Its the player,if it was down to Bruce then Joelinton would have the same work rate as Miggy.Will never have the same ability mind.
    Tonight what I saw Dubravka made 4 or 5 saves,I only saw about 50 mins.I know it's his job but the lad is top drawer.If he got injured and Blobby Elliot or Darlow was in,then we wouldn't be able to sneak a point or a win at the death,the opposition would have put the game to bed.

It's deffo luck .. Did you see Bruce's fat face .. He couldn't believe it last night.
    We were shocking v Everton and kept in the game by the goal keeper . Helped by Everton who for the last 30 mins were sloppy , cocky and couldn't pass the ball.
    If Everton had maintained discipline they would have won by 3 or 4 we just got lucky ... 2 shots 2 goals .. That's a better average than any striker on the planet .. It won't last forever .
    before the game I predicted that we would see more of the ball which would be our downfall as we are absolute Shiite .. And so it was for 60mins .. Until Everton started to dick about . While we are defending on mass we just stifle other teams , with the ball we are open and shockingly bad.
    Sheer luck last night and v Chelsea the previous game .
    The game stats are ominous and even with massive luck we only have 5 points out of a possible 18 , how we aren't in the bottom 3 is Astonishing .

Hopefully Bruce knows this and any additions are to address it.Without doubt we look better with Maxim in .

The major issue is that while we continue to fluke results and look safe in the premier , Ashley won't sanction spending in the areas we are short in .
    Loans and more loans .

The last minute wins / luck combination is disguising how poor we really are .

Agree with a lot of what has been said...

Yes we are generally tight and stop the opposition getting beyond site so Bruce has got them drilled well in that respect... having 10 men camped in the box helps...and the players deserve credit for never giving up..but I expect that anyway..

You can't deny that there is a massive slice of luck involved in scoring 3 goals after the 93rd minute in two games...

I'm no fan of Bruce...
    I'm no fan of the way we are playing..
    Jesus, I struggle these days to be a fan full stop...

BUT...

I am a fan of team spirit...
    and we have that in abundance...

Pardew had a far better squad at his disposal, but he could not motivate them at all...

Credit where it is due...

Bruce is managing to get a tune out of a guitar with only 2 strings...

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I'm no fan of Bruce...
    I'm no fan of the way we are playing..
    Jesus, I struggle these days to be a fan full stop...

BUT...

I am a fan of team spirit...
    and we have that in abundance...

Pardew had a far better squad at his disposal, but he could not motivate them at all...

Credit where it is due...

Bruce is managing to get a tune out of a guitar with only 2 strings...
    That's a good way of summing up Mick.

To be honest I think Bruce has had little positive / negative impact on the squad . They are playing Benitez methodology , only nowhere near as good .. It's more luck than good judgement the results we are seeing .
    Barring some incredibly lucky results we would be close to bottom , if not bottom .
    I haven't seen a team getting totally out played week in week out , yet snatch a result , like we do.
    It's truly mind boggling .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)