+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    TFor me Powers was like a man down today, just was not needed especially once we went behind, too slow and sideways with every pass
    This is what I see with Powers. To be honest im a bit worried that he is seen as a starter going forward. Against teams cutting through us like hibs he couldnt get near them. Can play a simple pass fine and gets stuck in I guess but he is nowhere near Butchers level.

The wrong team in your opinion. Even the right team won't win every game though. Be interesting to see the replay of that goal in first minute. We'd have won comfortably with the "wrong team" playing if it stood. Referee and standside linesman were awful. How they did not give a corner for that Reynolds shot that was deflected in first half I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Too many silly posts to highlight on. why dont you guys not just stay away for whats left of this dreadful season. Submit your GF lower ticket to someone who can enjoy the moment. And concentrate on the fine job yous do coaching the under 8,s at riverside ( that no one else wants to do).
    Agree with this, every side has off days but we kept at it and got a point that stretched lead at top. Guys that were booing at half time would be better staying away.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    So when the manager picks the wrong team and the team have an off day we're not allowed to criticise? Sound. Clap on.
    What makes you think he picked the wrong team?
    How do you know this? He picked the wrong team on Sunday v hibs yet we are still in the cup. He picked the wrong team most of the season yet won the league at ease. What EVIDENCE do you have that the WRONG team has EVER been picked???Explain without boring us mere football fan mortals. Plz.

Too many silly posts to highlight on. why dont you guys not just stay away for whats left of this dreadful season. Submit your GF lower ticket to someone who can enjoy the moment. And concentrate on the fine job yous do coaching the under 8,s at riverside ( that no one else wants to do).
    You’re an absolute belter!!

The reason we’ve done so well over the past 13 games, is because we’ve had a settled team and formation, which followed two losses from unexpected changes and formation.
    Today, Robbie changed the team, and we struggle (at home) against a team, most of the league are pumping week in/week out, and you have the audacity to criticise fellow fans, who question those unexpected changes??? GTF!!

P.S.Nobody is calling for his head! We just want this league closed out ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Agree with this, every side has off days but we kept at it and got a point that stretched lead at top. Guys that were booing at half time would be better staying away.
    Booing! Really ffs this gets worse. Was the game at dense?

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    This is what I see with Powers. To be honest im a bit worried that he is seen as a starter going forward. Against teams cutting through us like hibs he couldnt get near them. Can play a simple pass fine and gets stuck in I guess but he is nowhere near Butchers level.

Agree that's my concern as from what I've seen (and it is early days but still obvious) he is not one of our best two centre mids. Definitely not on Butcher's level, I didn't expect him to be so slow to get around the pitch so that's a disappointment, no way was he better than Harkes first half today either, so not sure why he was the one replaced unless he had a knock.

For a game like that with Morton camped in, was a waste of time having Powers on second half as he slowed our play down and things broke down, Pawlett in the centre second half and Mochrie after both offered more going forward.

Booing! Really ffs this gets worse. Was the game at dense?

Wasn't that widespread but needless all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    You’re an absolute belter!!

The reason we’ve done so well over the past 13 games, is because we’ve had a settled team and formation, which followed two losses from unexpected changes and formation.
    Today, Robbie changed the team, and we struggle (at home) against a team, most of the league are pumping week in/week out, and you have the audacity to criticise fellow fans, who question those unexpected changes??? GTF!!

P.S.Nobody is calling for his head! We just want this league closed out ASAP!
    I doubt very much if you or the likes of you are actual fans, supporters or even sympathisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Its the disappointment of the managers chopping and changing it is doing us absolutely no favours. Booing is silly but having an opinion that may not be all positive is normal for every football team or fan. Lets see the team for the next few games and if we can get back to the level we know we can.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)