+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    The selection was just fine today.. Sensible and with an eye on the big game Tues, due to how well we've (Neilson and the team) done we have that luxury just now where dropping 2 pts today was no big deal)

People are entitled to criticise and people are entitled to call it out too, we only made it 14 unbeaten afterall.

Roll on Tues, will be difficult but I'm feeling quietly confident about our chances.
    In your opinion Shedka. Sow should not have been part of it, and the biggest issue from me. Coming in from nowhere unsettles the (previously settled) team, it also puts doubt into challenging (bench) players!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Jesus wept! B4 are you awright? Have you not learned anything from those across the road?

I really dont want to mention this, but we still need 19 points to achieve the accepted wining total of 72 points. However, slim as it is, there are 4 other teams in the league that can still meet or exceed this total.

18 points ahead of ICT, who by the time we meet them, will have 2 games in hand. Say they win their 2 in hand, and their 2 head to heads with us, and where is our title?

Far too much to play for!
    Yip, today's made me think twice about the league being over. It'll take a monumental **** up to lose it now but **** me, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by thinking we can rest certain players.

Sow has been scoring a few goals in reserves, maybe been looking sharp in training. He has been on bench previous matches. If Glass is fit he probably plays. I thought Sow was one of our better players, think the problem was the service to him and Shankland.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Sow has been scoring a few goals in reserves, maybe been looking sharp in training. He has been on bench previous matches. If Glass is fit he probably plays. I thought Sow was one of our better players, think the problem was the service to him and Shankland.
    Scoring goals in the reserves (particularly in this era) is absolutely no justification for a first team place!!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    The selection was just fine today.. Sensible and with an eye on the big game Tues, due to how well we've (Neilson and the team) done we have that luxury just now where dropping 2 pts today was no big deal)

People are entitled to criticise and people are entitled to call it out too, we only made it 14 unbeaten afterall.

Roll on Tues, will be difficult but I'm feeling quietly confident about our chances.
    I can see why RN changed the team with Tuesday in mind, but i also see why guys are hacked off about the tombola selections. Lots of changes last week with players just back, and changes again to give some a rest? Having thought about it a wee bit more, i think the subbies made were with Tuesday in mind as well.

We might be 18 points ahead, but 14 more draws with tombola selections will not win us the league if Ayr or ICT find a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yip, today's made me think twice about the league being over. It'll take a monumental **** up to lose it now but **** me, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by thinking we can rest certain players.
    Maybe certain players needed rested rather than a show of arrogance?

He just seems to get so many chances. It's frustrating. Guys like Appere, Glass & Mochrie come into the team and look bright & lively. Sow looks laboured and uninterested half the time. 1 goal in his entire Utd career. I really really want the guy to do well, Pawlett too, but there's gotta come a time when you stop give him these guys free hits.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    In your opinion Shedka. Sow should not have been part of it, and the biggest issue from me. Coming in from nowhere unsettles the (previously settled) team, it also puts doubt into challenging (bench) players!

Don't agree with that, he is part of the squad.
    He did fine first half, maybe even robbed of a legit goal. The team was never going to remain settled, it hasn't been due to injuries recently to about 4-5 players, then you have the Incomings and outgoings, we have a strong squad though and it was obvious we'd have an eye on Tues and yes imo the selection was just fine.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Maybe certain players needed rested rather than a show of arrogance?
    January and players NEED rested? Behave.

If professional footballers can't play 90 minutes a week (or two x 90mins over a 2 week period in this case) we're ****ed.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)