+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Another game down where we have maintained a lead at the top, and dug out a pt we never looked like getting, but a horrible match, horrible performance. Think the league is so competitive at moment with every team fighting relegation or promotion that every game is going to be a scrap from here on in. If Sows goal is allowed different game. Once they scored it really was 2 banks of five, to point Reynolds was almost a playmaker, and they were comfortable.

I couldn't see us score once pawlett went off. When teams set up like that, you need guys to play between the lines and run at players to commit them and get them out of position, once we moved pawlett more central his runs started to cause them problems, up to that, the passing it sideways just allows them to get their banks of 5 in place. We really missed Glass today for that reason also, I believe he had a slight knock, and even Stanton could make those kind of runs. Or alternatively, if you have a target man, go more direct and get bodies in the box. Our wide players - Pawlett, Apperre and McMullan were poor today, barely got past their man. Appere like Pawlett was better towards the end when central.

I think Reynolds and Connolly make each other nervous, they make me nervous, some of the heavy touches by Connolly, Robson and Reynold today were really bad.

Few other thoughts, why do refs wait until late in a game to book goalkeepers for time wasting when they have been at it from the first minute? Book them early so they stop it.

Sow played decent today, his link up play was good, but suffered from the same problem as shankland, lack of quality service. I have to say, Shankland's scoring is sensational, it really makes you wonder how many goals he would score with better service. That might sound ridiculous given his scoring rate this season, but I don't think we have played anywhere near his strengths, and far too often he has fed on scraps.

Excellent summary

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    January and players NEED rested? Behave.

If professional footballers can't play 90 minutes a week (or two x 90mins over a 2 week period in this case) we're ****ed.

Who says they can't, it still happens though, Tues could go 120 mins, I'd rather have a fresh Butcher etc, plus we don't know who is carrying little niggles.

We are going up as Champions (I have zero doubt now) so need to give this our best shot, nothing to lose now and if we pull out off then BSC in Alloa awaits.

Yip, today's made me think twice about the league being over. It'll take a monumental **** up to lose it now but **** me, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by thinking we can rest certain players.
    Im not quite thinking twice, maybe cause i expected it for the afore mentioned reasons. But if that tombola runs into the Arbroath game and we get a negative result, the buffer zone(not the gap to second!) we have just now gets that wee bit smaller and criticism is warranted!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    if we pull out off then BSC in Alloa awaits.
    Even that is not a given! BSC might be minded to secure a bigger venue to try and make a wee bit more money for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Im not quite thinking twice, maybe cause i expected it for the afore mentioned reasons. But if that tombola runs into the Arbroath game and we get a negative result, the buffer zone(not the gap to second!) we have just now gets that wee bit smaller and criticism is warranted!
    My assumption, was wins against Morton, Arbroath, then Alloa, would set up a game against ICT, that, should we win, would see our lead (basically) unassailable, however, we’ve already passed up two of those three points, so requires those (hopeful) wins, plus another a game, before we can get complacent, however, should ICT win, then throws everything back in the melting pot!!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Who says they can't, it still happens though, Tues could go 120 mins, I'd rather have a fresh Butcher etc, plus we don't know who is carrying little niggles.

We are going up as Champions (I have zero doubt now) so need to give this our best shot, nothing to lose now and if we pull out off then BSC in Alloa awaits.
    B4 I go is suggesting players NEED rested. To me that means they are struggling to play every game. There's a difference between a player needing rested and keeping a player fresh or clear of injury for a cup tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Yeah, i could've phrased it better tbh. I'm not thinking twice about it, I do think it's won, but games like today make you realise that it shouldn't be taken for granted just yet.

Complacent na. Super confident ...aye. ICT win? Well.....

B4 I go is suggesting players NEED rested. To me that means they are struggling to play every game. There's a difference between a player needing rested and keeping a player fresh or clear of injury for a cup tie.
    Explain?

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Explain?
    Explain what?

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)