+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Seigrist
    Smith Watson Connolly Robson
    Butcher Harkes
    McMullan Glass Appere
    Shankland

2-1 Utd

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Seigrist
    Butcher Harkes
    McMullan Glass Appere
    Shankland

2-1 Utd
    That's a decent starting XI but I'd like to see Pawlett in tho at who's expense I just don't know.
    Happy for Powers to sit this one out, get some more acclimatization.
    So Reynolds, Sporle, Freeman, Powers, Pawlett, King, Sow available for bench duty.
    Strong bench anyway.

Crowd was 7,400 for the 6-0 game. Asking for 8,000 this time too much...?

Powers need time to get upto speed, he looked quite slow vs hibs imo

I agree that Powers looks slow to cover the ground but he never wastes a pass! He will start every game he is fit now imo alongside Butcher as i think Robbie will like to take at look at them as a pairing to see if they will cut it in the top league which i personally think they will. Then i hope it will be back to the 3 behind Shankland with width as i dont think it worked with Harkes playing in a middle 3 and our ‘widemen’ played very narrow also leaving us exposed out wide.

Seigrist
    Mcmullen Butcher Powers Pawlett
    Shankland Appere

Get game won by half time and get Glass on again. Would also like to see Sow get on for a chance again as he seems to be fit just now scoring for reserves.

United win 3-0

I hope not personally, Harkes is younger and improving, quick and athletic, a good passer too, he was coming onto a game on Sun at the point of the change and for me Powers was the one that should have been subbed

Do think Powers is a good addition but I wouldn't be curbing the improvement and development of Harkes by having him benched regularly as for me he is still part of our best cm duo along with Butcher, he will be a big asset for us and one we will sell got a profit in the future, Powers has already peaked

Powers was the better player on Sunday. He didn't waste a single pass, wasn't bullied off the ball, was calm and composed the whole game and genuinely looks like he belongs at Premiership level. If we're going back to a two, he should keep his place in the team. Two games in and he's already looking the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Powers has already peaked
    Hardly, he's only 28!

Powers is an intelligent player and like Arab_1988 said he hardly wasted a pass against Thistle or Hibs but I agree with you that he should have been subbed on Sunday instead of Harkes as he was tiring but he(Powers) also needs game time so I would play him on Saturday but leave him out on Tuesday.

Its a tough call for Robbie because imo Powers & Glass are an upgrade on Stanton or C Smith so it can only be seen as an improvement.

By the way......... How do you think Powers has peaked? Or how do you think he's at the peak of his Powers

Sorry that was in reply to Shedka.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Powers was the better player on Sunday. He didn't waste a single pass, wasn't bullied off the ball, was calm and composed the whole game and genuinely looks like he belongs at Premiership level. If we're going back to a two, he should keep his place in the team. Two games in and he's already looking the real deal.
    Agree....... But can we play him and Butcher? They both sat too deep on Sunday and made Whittaker look like Zidane.

I don’t want to see Harkes out the team either but i think Neilson will be looking for 2 battle hardened centre mids for the prem and play a more attacking midfielder in a 10 position. Can Harkes adjust and become an Armstrong type player?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)