+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    If we did get 'horsed' on these two occasions because of the 'tombola' selections maybe, just maybe, we can forgive Robbie et al.
    We've not been getting 'horsed' much since.
    Didn't Troy Brown play in the two 'horsed' games?
    who said we couldnt forgive him? the point is people are saying theres not been tombola and other like me are saying there has so what is your point exactly? Yeah brown played and he was played in his position CB so again, whats your point?
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 24-01-2020 at 03:01 PM.

You're wasted on here mate.
    Jurgen Klopp not looking for an assistant?
    and you wouldnt be missed on here

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I could not give a shyte what formation he plays as long as he gets us out this goddam league! Whatever he is doing, it seems to be working!
    agreed and IMO we should stick to the norm in the league and the cup

You're wasted on here mate.
    Jurgen Klopp not looking for an assistant?
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Can maybe argue Hibs was tombola too going 4-3-3 with 3 x CM's

I liked the idea of it against a better side but it gave hibs too much respect in hindsight yet they didn't beat us and we got better as the game progressed

Anyway his tombola is the best one we've had in years with our 80%+ win ratio... We will likely go on to better Sevcos pts tally and maybe even get close to Hearts one, such a turnaround to Csaba making us an easy touch at this level even at Tannadice (cringe) less than 2 years ago

Add to that the players and coaches loving working under him and giving their all, then the odd selection here and there can be forgiven

"Robbie Neilson's Tangerine Army"

As for game tomorrow, can't wait but have a feeling out well be a tricky one, just an inkling out won't end up as comfortable as you'd expect

I don't think we will get to complacent as such as I think we are hungry to get the best record possible come the end of the season but Morton and the like are now really fighting for their lives with how tight it is down there, think they won at Alloa and Arbroath in the last two away in the league so and it's difficult to match that hunger at times when you are out in front

Narrow home win to extend the unbeaten run, hopefully no injuries and we can go to Easter Road in good shape

We've won 11 and drawn 2 of our last 13 games.
    We haven't lost a game for over 3 months.
    And I read about 'tombola' selections by the 'messiah'.
    Get real ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I liked the idea of it against a better side but it gave hibs too much respect in hindsight yet they didn't beat us and we got better as the game progressed

Anyway his tombola is the best one we've had in years with our 80%+ win ratio... We will likely go on to better Sevcos pts tally and maybe even get close to Hearts one, such a turnaround to Csaba making us an easy touch at this level even at Tannadice (cringe) less than 2 years ago

Add to that the players and coaches loving working under him and giving their all, then the odd selection here and there can be forgiven

"Robbie Neilson's Tangerine Army"
    True, it is the best in years, best the club overall has been in years. FWIW i do think RN is still learning day by day, as long as we never see Smith at LB ever again and that will prove he's learnt from that mistake that he made, twice...

We've won 11 and drawn 2 of our last 13 games.
    We haven't lost a game for over 3 months.
    And I read about 'tombola' selections by the 'messiah'.
    Get real ffs.
    Messiah? ha ha the arabs good but wouldn't go that far

Oh so because we've got a good record we shouldnt question selections and formations? erm, dunno if you know this but its a fans forum for people to discuss multiple topics
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 24-01-2020 at 05:41 PM.

You know what man. There's an element of tongue in cheek regarding the 'tombola selection from the messiah' comment. Clearly it got lost on you. However there is also an element of it which is true, in that he is still capable of springing a bizarre surprise on us, like Sunday. Why oh why would he use an alien formation in our hardest game of the season when, like you say, the tried and tested one has won us 11/13 games. The Pawlett inclusion as well. He must have naked pictures of the manager or something. I think we'd have won that game if we had stuck to what we know.
    Anyway, I can assure you I'm real thanks. I'm just giving my honest opinion. 👍🏼

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)