+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    No idea what his thinking is this time tbh. Resting players for Tue? Squad rotation against a weaker team? Trying to get unfit players up to speed?

No Glass or Butcher at all which is a bit strange, especially Glass.

Still, quite comfortable there's more than enough in that team to beat Morton.
    Messed about with the team. At least 3 not match fit..Pawlett Powers Sow. Need to win the hard way again. The worse the team the more we seem to struggle...complacency?

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    Messed about with the team. At least 3 not match fit..Pawlett Powers Sow. Need to win the hard way again. The worse the team the more we seem to struggle...complacency?
    Cannot believe SOW is playing, and how much Neilson has messed with the team, WTF??
    Who gives a feck about the cup, let’s get the league done and dusted first! Just hope we can turn this around, but anything other than a win against Morton at home, is a major fail!

Tombola.com

No idea what his thinking is this time tbh. Resting players for Tue? Squad rotation against a weaker team? Trying to get unfit players up to speed?

No Glass or Butcher at all which is a bit strange, especially Glass.

Still, quite comfortable there's more than enough in that team to beat Morton.
    If this is the case that he's resting players for Tuesday it's ridiculous. Get the f@ckin league won first. Tombola central.

****ing hell this is woeful. We absolutely cannot break teams down that sit back. Pretty much playing the game between the halfway line and the Morton box. Our final ball is terrible. We're offering Shankland nothing. Harkes, Pawlett & Sow all off before 65mins. McMullan's come on and given the ball away in all but one of the times he's had it. Morton actually look more dangerous than us when they come forward. We may break them down by the end, but right now it doesn't look like it.

****ing hell this is woeful.
    Plenty been said about the defence over the months, but i think that is case closed that Connolly and Reynolds are not the answer! However, we got the draw from a team selection with Tuesday in mind. Not right but understandable.

Positive about today is i thought Sow went some of the way to show what he can do. Just a pity his goal on 25 seconds was chalked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Plenty been said about the defence over the months, but i think that is case closed that Connolly and Reynolds are not the answer! However, we got the draw from a team selection with Tuesday in mind. Not right but understandable.

Positive about today is i thought Sow went some of the way to show what he can do. Just a pity his goal on 25 seconds was chalked off.
    Really???

Yeah, in the first few minutes, thought we had the “new” Sow, and tbh didn’t think he was offside, but fast forward 20mins, the sh!te Sow was there for all to see, and feck knows why he went straight in above others, who have been knocking on the door for weeks. That’s the weakness, that Robbie has, and what I feared before the season started, then when we had our blip in Sep/Oct time. I thought he had learnt from that, and we would not see again, but here we are....

P.S. Until today, been more than happy with all of his recent decisions, but just can’t understand the radical changes today, which have had such an effect
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 25-01-2020 at 05:27 PM.

20 shots 3 on target another 2 points increase on ICT. Ugly, bad, good day at the office. Sometimes you just cant go wrong! Not a phrase often used in recent times with the champions elect.

Ps dont give a monkeys about tombola selects or any other negatives ,roll on Tuesday then save the worries for next season.
    Last season at this time would i moan about being in this position 1 year on ??? Would i
    Ffffccckkkkk.

Sow, Pawlett and on today's evidence, McMullan, I'd be happy never to see again. He has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched. He loses possession far too much and doesn't give one **** about it.
    Watson needs to be staright back in on Tuesday at the expense of Reynolds. He's just too ****ing slow and loves a punt far too much.
    Harkes looked lost without Butcher to hold his hand.
    Powers controlled everything around him. He's tidy, distributes the ball well and gets stuck in.
    Appere & Mochrie were both bright sparks when they came on. Impressed with Mochrie in the little time he had. He looks composed and strong on the ball.
    Thank **** for Shankland.

Robbie, learn your ****ing lesson.

And to those who negatively commented on my tombola comment during the week. I'm all ears.

Well that’s didn’t work, not at all. Hopefully a lesson learned. If it ain’t broke don’t try fix it

What was more worrying today was the lack of creativity, granted they sat in and parked the bus with 2 lines of 5 but we just didn’t have anything to break them down

Frustrating and we struggled

Some people on this bored need to come back to reality. They scored first then time wasted and sat in the rest of the match, was never going to be easy after their goal. The keeper was even time wasting at nil nil. We aren’t going to win all the time but credit to the team for keeping going and staying unbeaten at home on an off day. Roll on Easter Road where i think we might take a bit of a hiding so look forward to seeing the usual people on here after a defeat.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)