+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Maybe just me but I thought Sow had a decent game today. Very unlucky to have goal chopped off and I thought his touches and lay offs first half were excellent.

Said it earlier in the season that Neilson seems determened to find a role for Pawlett and it knocked us out our flow, he was forced in, we went poor, he then got injured and we went on another great run. Hes then forced back in again last 2 games and we look poor again. Its not just 1 position this effects us, its all over the pitch as it screws with our formation with his constant drifting about and being no where near the position hes playing in half the time.

To add to this, its not that much different with Connolly, we are a better side when hes not playing IMHO altho at least he has a bit of dig about him

I dont mind todays choices if Neilson felt he wanted to give them a chance whilst we are in a transfer window (not including Connolly eho is decent backup) and making decisions on them, but he can't honestly beleive hes doing anything other than weakening the team today by playing Pawlett, Connolly and Sow. Whilst I didn't think Sow was that bad he should be showing something off the bench first, same as Pawlett.

I would like to see us bring in at least 2 wingers, we need them... not for this season but to start preparing for next.

Was butcher suspended today?

Changes didn’t work. Watson and glass shld have started. However there is no excuse for the woeful failures to deliver a decent ball today in the final third. This shld be basics regardless as to whether or nt the opposition has parked the bus. We managed loads of times to get to the edge of the their box or their by line but failed miserably to make that telling pass! Some of which was down to poor decision making. That said ICT lost we got a point and moved another step closer to promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Said it earlier in the season that Neilson seems determened to find a role for Pawlett and it knocked us out our flow
    This really annoys me most about our manager. Pawlett has done NOTHING in his time here to merit being brought right back in vs Hibs at the expense of Appere whose been superb all season. He then starts him again the very next game!!
    Sow as well. The boy is gash. He had an okay 20 mins today then fell out of completely. Neilson took so long to figure out he was hopeless after playing him time & time again. Loans him out, then brings him back into the team.
    I really hope today was about resting players for Tuesday because right or wrong, I can't see any other explanation for that team selection if the others are fit.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Said it earlier in the season that Neilson seems determened to find a role for Pawlett and it knocked us out our flow, he was forced in, we went poor, he then got injured and we went on another great run. Hes then forced back in again last 2 games and we look poor again. Its not just 1 position this effects us, its all over the pitch as it screws with our formation with his constant drifting about and being no where near the position hes playing in half the time.

To add to this, its not that much different with Connolly, we are a better side when hes not playing IMHO altho at least he has a bit of dig about him

I dont mind todays choices if Neilson felt he wanted to give them a chance whilst we are in a transfer window (not including Connolly eho is decent backup) and making decisions on them, but he can't honestly beleive hes doing anything other than weakening the team today by playing Pawlett, Connolly and Sow. Whilst I didn't think Sow was that bad he should be showing something off the bench first, same as Pawlett.

I would like to see us bring in at least 2 wingers, we need them... not for this season but to start preparing for next.
    Completely agree. Watson Reynolds as the CB pairing, Connolly lost his man for that goal today but its clear he is Nielsons favorite. Pawlett if he is to play should be in the attacking mid position where Clark plays. Lets get a bit of continuity back in the team please.

I'd rather we signed another CH than play either of them tbf. Actually think we need a complete new CH pairing for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Completely agree. Watson Reynolds as the CB pairing, Connolly lost his man for that goal today but its clear he is Nielsons favorite. Pawlett if he is to play should be in the attacking mid position where Clark plays. Lets get a bit of continuity back in the team please.
    I agree, Watson and Reynolds are probably our best combination at the centre of defence.

I also agree with the_arab that the area where we need to strengthen is a couple of proper wingers.

A bit of creativity on the flanks in attack, someone that can deliver a cross or take a good free kick/corner. That is what we need to take us to the next level.

I honestly thought we were past all this nonsense, and we had a settled team/formation, which had been working, yet we go and tinker with it, and guess what, we drop points??
    No wonder fans criticise, and go off on one!

Just hope we are diligent in our January buys, and add to the squad, not weaken or imbalance it!!

[QUOTE=ballumbie_arab;39417507]Cannot believe SOW is playing, and how much Neilson has messed with the team, WTF??
    Who gives a feck about the cup,

Haha, if last years thread wisna took doon on the cup v league opinions i would LOVE to show you who gives a phuk! Otherwise i will keep it in the memory bank😒😒🤫

I give a #### about the cup,intact I give a #### about every game United play.
    Some folks need to seriously get a grip.
    11 men behind the ball is the hardest thing to play against in football and if that's what a teams decides to do,fair play and well done on your point.
    If our first game is s away to Celtic next year and we do it and get a result ,I for one won't be moaning.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)