+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    cant see anyone being able to disagree with any of this, great post and bang on the money!!! Like i've said on various threads it didnt back fire using a different formation as we never got beat but it never done us any favours either...
    It's a good post but I do disagree with the tombola. Robbie hasn't been one for unnecessarily changing the team unless he's had to because of injury and, lately, the arrival of new players.

disagree, Smith to LB and Watson RB two games in a row in which we got horsed was tap tombola tactics

Can maybe argue Hibs was tombola too going 4-3-3 with 3 x CM's

disagree, Smith to LB and Watson RB two games in a row in which we got horsed was tap tombola tactics
    Only because Robson was injured though.

Can maybe argue Hibs was tombola too going 4-3-3 with 3 x CM's
    This is a more valid example, no doubt. Can understand it though as we were playing a much better team then normal and it looks like Robbie wanted 3 more solid midfielders in there.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Only because Robson was injured though.
    How no play Sporle there? Or Reynolds? Both left sided players? how move the consistent first pick RB to LB

How no play Sporle there? Or Reynolds? Both left sided players? how move the consistent first pick RB to LB
    Yeah, that baffled me! I wouldn't play Reynolds at LB because he'd get rinsed for his lack of pace but Sporle was surely signed as a left-back!? That aside, I would agree that Robbie's been nowhere near as erratic in his team selection as Laszlo was. Thank fcuk.

If we did get 'horsed' on these two occasions because of the 'tombola' selections maybe, just maybe, we can forgive Robbie et al.
    We've not been getting 'horsed' much since.
    Didn't Troy Brown play in the two 'horsed' games?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It wasn't so long ago that Robbie was being slated by the majority on here. His team selections, formations, they were different every single week. Players were being played out of position and all we wanted was round pegs in round holes. It's not ****ing rocket science. We have a striker who is far too good for this league and it's papered over a lot of cracks. We have however, finally started playing to our potential and it's coincided with players playing in the correct positions, playing formations that they know and are used to. He then goes and plays a 4-3-3, a formation that we never use, in our hardest game of the season, and whilst we got a draw, the team performance really wasn't very good. They didn't know how to play the formation. Why did he do this? Who knows but it seems like he didn't feel he could leave Harkes out whilst at the same time wanted to play Powers. He also brings Pawlett straight back into the reckoning. Why did he do this? No one actually knows because Pawlett is ****e. Appere should be starting. He's been fantastic all season.
    So there is still that 'Tombola' element which was absolutely highlighted in the cup game. Robbie is doing a lot right, but he is also still capable of getting it bizarrely wrong for reasons only he could answer.

As for Harkes, he's split opinion on here and I've said more than enough on him but I'd echo Arabknights comments 100%.
    You're wasted on here mate.
    Jurgen Klopp not looking for an assistant?

I could not give a shyte what formation he plays as long as he gets us out this goddam league! Whatever he is doing, it seems to be working!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)