+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QPR(home)predictions

QPR(home)predictions

After the storming win against Sheffield Wednesday,you would be fooled into thinking this should be a walk in the park.
    I am not so sure
    Let's hope they dont come to stifle us and actually try to play.
    I am edging towards a draw 1-1

2-0 win for Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    After the storming win against Sheffield Wednesday,you would be fooled into thinking this should be a walk in the park.
    I am not so sure
    Let's hope they dont come to stifle us and actually try to play.
    I am edging towards a draw 1-1
    They are very much an attacking team, Robin, with the second best "goals for, and the second worst "goals against".
    Let's hope they stick to that.
    3-1 to Rovers.

Rovers 1QPR 1

Well, a poor, nervy last half-hour, but a win.
    Rothwell leaving the pitch made a big difference.
    It struck me in the second half that Armstrong and Gallagher were playing too far away from each other. There were several flicks from SG that went into empty space. In the first half, Nyambe or Rothwell picked them up, but RN was only at 90% in the second half and Armstrong stayed too central.
    To be honest, I thought there was a case for sticking Graham on for the last 20 because the QPR defence looked panicky under pressure.
    Lenihan had a decent game, but he went to sleep for their goal.
    You could see the nerves in that final quarter, but a win's a win - especially when you look at the other results.
    QPR have some good players, and you could see why they've pulled off some impressive wins.
    Has there ever been a Division as even as this season's Championship?
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 28-01-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Well, a poor, nervy last half-hour, but a win.
    Rothwell leaving the pitch made a big difference.
    It struck me in the second half that Armstrong and Gallagher were playing too far away from each other. There were several flicks from SG that went into empty space. In the first half, Nyambe or Rothwell picked them up, but RN was only at 90% in the second half and Armstrong stayed too central.
    To be honest, I thought there was a case for sticking Graham on for the last 20 because the QPR defence looked panicky under pressure.
    Lenihan had a decent game, but he went to sleep for their goal.
    You could see the nerves in that final quarter, but a win's a win - especially when you look at the other results.
    QPR have some good players, and you could see why they've pulled off some impressive wins.
    Has there ever been a Division as even as this season's Championship?
    You have to be there to fully appreciate things aucks.. there is no atmosphere in the ground at all.. the players self motivate and deserve a lot of credit for doing so.. for me, all contributed to a hard fought 3 points, so I'm not getting into slagging individual performances..

As an aside, that's my first win seen at ewood in years!

Fair point, Saxo. Another horrible night by the look of it! I was sitting on the deck under a sunshade, so I had it easy.
    I'm still not quite sure what Holtby's role is. I really don't accept that he's another Dack - he just hasn't the skill.
    As for putting a foot in, Bennett actually made more tackles than Holtby in the short time he was on the pitch.
    Like Nyambe and Bell, though, Bennett is not a great crosser of the ball. In fact, have we got one at all when Downing is playing centrally?
    I'd say not and this is probably why Mowbray is looking at a genuine winger in the market.
    Perhaps that job will go to Rankin-Costello if no-one is found.
    TM seems to have given up on Chapman. I wonder if we'll ever hear the full story there.
    The other results mainly went our way. A pity that Reading didn't get a late equaliser, though.

Now you've got that victory under your belt, we'll allow you to attend regularly again!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 28-01-2020 at 11:52 PM.

A good solid win against a team much the same as ours INCONSISTENT.
    We move on to a tough away game but one I definitely think we can get a result in.
    On another note the past 12 home and away games we are top of the league even with that mini bad patch over the Christmas period.
    Food for thought.

Saxo I know you are sooooooooooo reluctant to meet me! Or any of us.

Nut I know you sit somewhere near the half way line on the Riverside. I do too.
    Next match I am shouting 'SAXO' and if I clock you I'm coming over!! You've been warned!

Glad you finally saw us win live!! You can't change your underwear now until we lose again!

Great 3 points that, I couldnt go so will refrain from posting any opinions on the 90 mins.
    I listened to it, and saw the highlights.
    Armstrong keeps stepping up with very important goals I notice on the quiet. Every goal he seems to get, always seems to be *****. At this point, I just feel we are looking a healthier side without having to rely on one man.
    Rothwell deserves a mention, he did really well creating the first goal, also a very good corner! And does appear to be showing signs if improvement. For the first real time, I am seeing a footballer, with an end product, who actually contributes. More of the same please Sam!! But I did hear losing him to injury stopped us in our tracks a bit after building a head of steam. We aren't catching a break re injuries at the moment. It seems like every game, we lose an important player. Hopefully that changes.
    I did feel Lenihan got caught badly on the goal, but mistakes happen. He was severely punished.
    And a pity SG didn't put the game to bed with what was a fairly simple header to make it 3-1.
    I heard they threw everything at us after that moment, as it gave them a bit of belief.
    Sam does need to start putting these easier chances to bed sooner rather than later.

But all in all, a great night. Great 3 points, and a majority of other results went our way.

LET match ratings look fair to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)